Reviews!

To any authors/publishers/ tour companies that are looking for the reviews that I signed up for please know this is very hard to do. I will be stopping reviews temporarily. My husband passed away February 1st and my new normal is a bit scary right now and I am unable to concentrate on a book to do justice to the book and authors. I will still do spotlight posts if you wish it is just the reviews at this time. I apologize for this, but it isn't fair to you if I signed up to do a review and haven't been able to because I can't concentrate on any books. Thank you for your understanding during this difficult time. I appreciate all of you. Kathleen Kelly April 2nd 2024

22 August 2010

The Hypnotist by M.J.Rose Review

The Hypnotist (The Reincarnationist, Book 3)
From Publishers Weekly from Amazon.com" In this stunning page-turner, Rose's third Reincarnationist novel (after The Memorist), special agent Lucian Glass of the FBI's Art Crime Team continues to pursue Malachai Samuels of the Phoenix Foundation as well as the list of Memory Tools (deep meditation aids that help people access past-life memories) that Malachai covets. After a stolen Matisse painting arrives back at New York's Metropolitan Museum slashed to bits, the thief warns that four more stolen paintings by major artists will be destroyed unless the museum gives him Hypnos, an eight-foot-tall sculpture, which could help a person gain paranormal powers. The Matisse was taken 20 years earlier from the gallery of Andre Jacobs, father of Lucian's first love, Solange, who was killed during the heist. Lucian becomes attracted to Emeline, Andre's niece and adopted daughter, whose mannerisms and facial expressions eerily resemble Solange's. As Lucian recovers previous-life memories, his present life takes ever more shocking turns. This series inspired Fox TV's Past Life, which debuted in February. "



My Thoughts
This latest novel by M.J.Rose is the third in the Reincarnationist trilogy. Phoenix Foundation, a group that specializes in past-life research is the main focus of the story along with the theft and recovery of four famous paintings and a sculpture that has not seen the light of day in 2000 years. Agent Lucian Glass does not believe in reincarnation but as events occur he becomes aware of a past life through hypnosis, that has its basis with the statue, Hypnos, a sleep chamber of sorts. Lucian is on the trail of Malachi Samuels of the Phoenix Foundation who is after the Memory tools that he wants that could prove whether people do come back. Some people believe that a person gets the chance to do things right each time they are reincarnated and that even though it may be in a different time and place, the same people could be involved. Lucien's first love Solange was killed during a heist of a Matisse that was stolen 20 years earlier. Lucien becomes involved with a young woman, Emmeline, who is niece to Solanges father Andre. Lucian starts to believe that Solange has been reincarnated as Emmeline. I had a bit of a hard time getting into this story as it is the third in the series and I had not read the previous two books. I did get into it though and it turned out to be an enjoyable, suspenseful read. This is a story that shows man's greed, even 2000 years in the past and how this greed can destroy lives, loves and careers. I would recommend reading all the books in order to get the entire concept of the story.  
I received an ebook copy of this book from NetGalley and was not compensated monetarily for my review.
Video from YouTube.

No comments:

Post a Comment

AddToAny

View My Stats!

View My Stats

Pageviews past week

SNIPPET_HTML_V2.TXT
Tweet