Reviews!

To any authors/publishers/ tour companies that are looking for the reviews that I signed up for please know this is very hard to do. I will be stopping reviews temporarily. My husband passed away February 1st and my new normal is a bit scary right now and I am unable to concentrate on a book to do justice to the book and authors. I will still do spotlight posts if you wish it is just the reviews at this time. I apologize for this, but it isn't fair to you if I signed up to do a review and haven't been able to because I can't concentrate on any books. Thank you for your understanding during this difficult time. I appreciate all of you. Kathleen Kelly April 2nd 2024

21 August 2010

To Conquer Mr.Darcy by Abigail Reynolds Review


To Conquer Mr. Darcy from Sourcebooks
Product ISBN: 9781402237300
Publication Date: August 2010
What if...
Instead of disappearing from Elizabeth Bennet’s life after she refused his offer of marriage, Mr. Darcy had stayed and tried to change her mind?
What if…
Lizzy, as she gets to know Darcy, finds him undeniably attractive and her impulses win out over her sense of propriety?
What if…
Madly in love and mutually on fire, their passion anticipates their wedding?
In To Conquer Mr. Darcy, instead of avoiding Elizabeth after his ill-fated marriage proposal, Mr. Darcy follows her back to Hertfordshire to prove to her he is a changed man and worthy of her love. And little by little, Elizabeth begins to find the man she thought she despised, irresistible…
My Thoughts
Of all the Jane Austen sequels, pre-quels that I have read I rather enjoyed this one. To Conquer Mr.Darcy is yet another version on the classic but with a twist. In this book we find that Mr.Darcy has blown his proposal to Elizabeth..again..and  she wants nothing to do with him. So Fitzwilliam Darcy keeps up his quest for Elizabeth's hand in marriage. He is not very successful at first but he persists and what transpires is a very sensual story about two people who are tested by the constraints of a society that is very strict. Mr. Darcy eventually breaks down Miss Bennets resistance to him and they begin courting and subsequently get engaged .But their attraction gets the better of them both and they find that they want more than simple little kisses and handholding and their indiscretions soon become public and a scandal ensues. Another story line in the book is about Elizabeth's sister Lydia who runs off with a disreputable character, Mr. Wickham, who will do anything for money. The outcome of these scandals works out for the benefit of everyone involved..marriages are arranged and money exchanges hands and a baby is born..a very happy ending indeed. This book is a little racier than I would imagine most Jane Austen fans are used to but in spite of that it is a great read.
I received this book from Sourcebooks and was not monetarily compensated for my review.

No comments:

Post a Comment

AddToAny

View My Stats!

View My Stats

Pageviews past week

SNIPPET_HTML_V2.TXT
Tweet