Reviews!

To any authors/publishers/ tour companies that are looking for the reviews that I signed up for please know this is very hard to do. I will be stopping reviews temporarily. My husband passed away February 1st and my new normal is a bit scary right now and I am unable to concentrate on a book to do justice to the book and authors. I will still do spotlight posts if you wish it is just the reviews at this time. I apologize for this, but it isn't fair to you if I signed up to do a review and haven't been able to because I can't concentrate on any books. Thank you for your understanding during this difficult time. I appreciate all of you. Kathleen Kelly April 2nd 2024

05 November 2011

The Concert Killer by RJ McDonnell Review

A religious fanatic serial killer, who hates rock music, tries to shut down the concert industry. A group of independent concert promoters hire private investigator Jason Duffy and his staff of former outpatient mental health clients to catch him. The killer believes that God rewards His favorites with the most money, and keeps score of his victims on the back of a dollar bill. Jason uses his background as a counselor and club musician to battle his cleverest and most twisted adversary ever.

The author of the 2010 Mystery/Thriller of the Year, Rock & Roll Rip-Off, once again adds LOL humor in between compelling action scenes. Besides offering readers a backstage pass to the music industry, The Concert Killer brings to light a potentially catastrophic danger that few have ever considered.



My Thoughts:
The Concert Killer is the third in the Rock & Roll Mystery series and tells the story of a former club musician who is currently doing PI work and is hired by a concert promoters to try to find the person or persons who are killing people at rock concerts. While investigating, Jason Duffy finds himself butting heads with police departments who do not want a PI working on the case. Jason's staff are former patients of his from his previous job as a counselor. I especially love the guy with the Tourette's. Jason must work fast as the killer is planning on striking a bit to close to home for Jason and he does not know who he can trust. If the killer succeeds in his next attempt it could be devasting. This story is a mixture of humor and horror as the reader is taken into the mind of this twisted serial killer. A story that will keep you wanting more.  Filled with a diverse group of characters and personal and family issues. I enjoyed it very much. You can learn more about the book and author by visiting http://www.rjmcdonnell.com/
I received an ebook for review and was not monetarily compensated for my review.

No comments:

Post a Comment

AddToAny

View My Stats!

View My Stats

Pageviews past week

SNIPPET_HTML_V2.TXT
Tweet