Reviews!

To any authors/publishers/ tour companies that are looking for the reviews that I signed up for please know this is very hard to do. I will be stopping reviews temporarily. My husband passed away February 1st and my new normal is a bit scary right now and I am unable to concentrate on a book to do justice to the book and authors. I will still do spotlight posts if you wish it is just the reviews at this time. I apologize for this, but it isn't fair to you if I signed up to do a review and haven't been able to because I can't concentrate on any books. Thank you for your understanding during this difficult time. I appreciate all of you. Kathleen Kelly April 2nd 2024

06 March 2013

Acadian Waltz by Alexandrea Weis Review!!



At thirty, Nora Kehoe is feeling pressured to settle down. On a blind date, Nora unexpectedly ends up in the emergency room where she meets Dr. John Blessing. She hopes the pragmatic Dr. Blessing can make her life complete. Then, a passionate encounter with a childhood friend changes everything. 

The charismatic Jean Marc Gaspard manages the family business, Gaspard Fisheries. But rumors abound that Jean Marc is running more than seafood through the waters around Manchac Louisiana. When a family crisis sends Nora to Manchac, she is thrown headlong into the dangerous world of smugglers and swindlers. And as Jean Marc tries to protect Nora from his past, he realizes he may lose her because of it. 

The dark bayou waters run deep with secrets in Louisiana, and every Cajun knows how to dance the fine line between the right and wrong side of the law. But for strangers, learning the steps to staying alive in the swamps can be tricky. Life, and love, will be dependent on how well one can master the … Acadian Waltz.

My Thoughts
I have read a few of Alexandrea Weis's books and loved them all. The same can be said for Acadian Waltz.  A story that takes place in New Orleans, with glimpses into the deep south. Nora Kehoe is a physical therapist in charge of the Joint Program at a local hospital who is feeling a bit lonely. Her mother wants her to marry and supply her with grandchildren and Nora is not ready for that. She does agree to go out on a few blind dates and when one of them ends up in the hospital emergency room with a reaction to something he ate. While there, she meets Dr. John Blessing. Things between the two move along pretty fast with John proposing and Nora accepting. The good doctor is a bit too pushy and anal, everything has to go according to his plans including planning the wedding. 

When she goes back to where she grew up to keep an eye on her Uncle Jack, she runs into a childhood friend, Jean Marc Gaspard . Sparks fly for both of them but they are each to stubborn to admit to it.  As time goes on things get more intense and eventually come to a climax when Nora moves in with Jean Marc's mother to help take care of Jean Marc's twin brother Henri after Henri is found almost dead.  This story has the  charm of New Orleans, the danger of the swamps along with family secrets make this a book worth reading until its surprising conclusion. I loved it!!

I received this book for review from the author and was not monetarily compensated for my review.

No comments:

Post a Comment

AddToAny

View My Stats!

View My Stats

Pageviews past week

SNIPPET_HTML_V2.TXT
Tweet