Reviews!

To any authors/publishers/ tour companies that are looking for the reviews that I signed up for please know this is very hard to do. I will be stopping reviews temporarily. My husband passed away February 1st and my new normal is a bit scary right now and I am unable to concentrate on a book to do justice to the book and authors. I will still do spotlight posts if you wish it is just the reviews at this time. I apologize for this, but it isn't fair to you if I signed up to do a review and haven't been able to because I can't concentrate on any books. Thank you for your understanding during this difficult time. I appreciate all of you. Kathleen Kelly April 2nd 2024

01 May 2016

American Flowers byMichael A. McLellan Book Spotlight, Includes #Giveaway!


American Flowers
Michael A. McLellan
Genre: Young Adult/New Adult Contemporary Drama/Thriller


Chris was in the second grade. His mom dropped the bowl of Fruit Loops in front of him splashing milk onto the sun-faded, oak table. "You know, I really wanted a baby," she said, poking one of her ever-present cigarettes into the corner of her mouth and lighting it with the Bic that she kept in her bathrobe. She drew in smoke, her cheeks sucking in momentarily while she did. Chris thought she looked like a fish whenever she did that. His dad didn't look like a fish when he smoked. She exhaled; it drifted upward to join the layer of smoke that always seemed to hover just below the ceiling in their house. "And then once I had one," she continued, "I found that I really didn't want one after all. But once you have a baby, you're stuck with it."
  A lump formed in Chris' throat and it was a real effort for him to swallow his bite of cereal.
 "You mean.... me, Mom?" he asked, his voice wavering and tears welling in his eyes. She picked up her vodka tumbler and drained it.
 "Of course I mean you. Now go to school."

Chris Shafer spent the next ten years trying to earn his parent's love—straight A student, baseball star....drug addict.
Enter Allie Laughton: smart, self-assured, and raised in a similar environment of indifference and neglect.

They hit it off immediately.


American Flowers follows the lives of Chris and Allie as they go from promising, young adults to the couple the media ignorantly begins calling a modern day Bonnie and Clyde. On the run from Chris' volatile-tempered drug dealer and manipulated by a psychotic ex-convict, Chris and Allie are caught in a dangerous game where there can be no winners.


Author Bio
Michael A. McLellan is a self-proclaimed blue-collar writer. His body of work includes the 2014 novel, After and Again, the 2015 novel, American Flowers and the shorts, Joe Price and Anywhere But Here.




Author Giveaway: (2) Signed copies of American Flowers, and (2) twenty-five dollar Amazon gift cards to (2) winners


2 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for the book spotlight, Kathleen. You have a really great blog here and I love the theme.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Michael!! My pleasure!

    ReplyDelete

AddToAny

View My Stats!

View My Stats

Pageviews past week

SNIPPET_HTML_V2.TXT
Tweet