28 March 2017

Grandma's Wedding Quilts 12 Day Blitz - Day 2 !





Zina Abbott is the pen name used by Robyn Echols for her historical romances. Robyn currently lives with her husband in California, USA, near the “Gateway to Yosemite.” 

She is a member of Women Writing the West, and American Night Writers Association. She enjoys any kind of history including family history. 

When she is not piecing together novel plots, she pieces together quilt blocks.
  


Connect with the Author here: 


Running from hostile Indians attacking Salina, Kansas in 1862, feisty Kizzie Atwell, Grandma Mary’s oldest grandchild, runs into freighter Leander Jones traveling the Smoky Hill Trail. He is as interested in her as his stallion is in her mare. The two join forces to prevent the Fort Riley Army captain from requisitioning their beloved horses for the cavalry. Avoiding bushwhackers and fighting off a thieving bullwhacker binds their bargain.

In 1865, at the victory dance held at Fort Riley to celebrate the end of the Civil War, Kizzie is asked to participate in a fund-raiser to aid the Sanitary Commission helping injured and sick soldiers. It involves chaste sweetheart kisses in exchange for tickets purchased by officers and guests. As a contract freighter for the Army, Leander is invited. Much to Leander’s chagrin, before his chance to claim his kiss, Kizzie’s uncle steps in and puts an end to the kissing game.

Is Leander out of luck, or will the bargain Kizzie and Leander made three years earlier to save their horses lead to a more romantic bargain sealed with a kiss?



~ Amazon ~  Amazon UK



    10 top favorite things:


1.      I love my computer so I can use it to write stories
2.     I love my sewing machine so I can quilt when I need a break from writing
3.     I love paper and ink books that fill my bookcases
4.    I love my Kindle, Nook and Deseret Book apps because my bookcases are already full of paper and ink books
5.     I love my camera so I can take photographs
6.    I love my photo-editing program so I can tweak my photos so they look even better
7.     I love Yosemite National Park because it is so pretty in any season
8.    I love museums because of all the wonderful historical items they display
9.    I love Columbia State Park and Mono County because they capture the history of the California Gold Rush
10.                        I love my car because it comfortably takes me to all my favorite places



To view our blog schedule and follow along with this tour visit our Official Event page 



2 comments:

AddToAny

View My Stats!

View My Stats

Pageviews past week

SNIPPET_HTML_V2.TXT
Tweet