CELTICLADY'S REVIEWS: What She Inherits by Diane V.Mulligan Book Spotlight!   

Valentia, Love Your Skin!

11 February, 2017

What She Inherits by Diane V.Mulligan Book Spotlight!


                                 

When Angela Ellis returns to her childhood home on St. Nabor Island, South Carolina, her junior year of college interrupted indefinitely by her mother’s death, she doesn’t know how she’ll ever be able to function in the world without her mother’s love, support, and guidance. Soon after her mother’s funeral, strange sounds begin to trouble her in the night, sounds she swears are her mother's angry voice. In an effort to find peace for herself and for her mother’s restless spirit, Angela begins a ghost hunt that makes her friends fear for her sanity and that leads her to more questions than answers. Her parents, it turns out, were extraordinary secret keepers, and now Angela is on her own to discover the truth. 

One thousand miles away on Devil’s Back Island, Casey Seaver has built a sweet life for herself hidden away from the rest of the world in Maine’s Casco Bay. She runs a small café and keeps to herself, rarely visiting the mainland. When a posthumous letter arrives from her estranged mother, old memories and new problems interrupt her island idyll. For twenty years she has been trying to forget the mistakes and injustices of her youth, and she has nearly convinced herself she has succeeded, but her mother’s words shatter that illusion. As she tries ignore her mother’s dying wishes, a stranger arrives on the island, looking to bring Devil’s Back into the twenty-first century at last. If he has his way, Casey’s island haven will be a refuge no more.

As plans for a new resort on Devil’s Back spur Casey to move her life forward, Angela’s ghost investigation forces her to examine the past. Fate has put their lives on a collision course, and through each other, they will find the way through their grief.




I am the author of three novels. My most recent is What She Inherits (2017). My first novel, Watch Me Disappear (2012), which was a finalist in the Kindle Book Review's Best Indie Book Awards in the Young Adult category in 2013, and my second, The Latecomers Fan Club (2013), which was named a 2014 IndieReader Discovery Award winner. In 2015, I released a brief guide book to self-publishing called The Sane Person's Guide to Self-Publishing.

As a worthwhile distraction from normal life and all things routine, in the summer of 2016, my husband Todd and I took our dog Amelia on an All-American, cross-country roadtrip in a 1995 Chevy K3500 4x4 diesel ambulance. We called this epic adventure the Todyssey, and I kept a detailed travelogue-blog of the journey, which you can read at this link

I grew up in Pennsylvania just outside of Scranton and attended Scranton Preparatory School for high school. Thanks to my junior year creative writing teacher Mr. Vincent Vanston, I started to dream of a future as a writer. I went on to Mount Holyoke College in South Hadley, MA, where I graduated with a degree in American Studies, and then to Simmons College in Boston, where I studied teaching. Since 2002, I have been teaching English at St. John’s High School in Shrewsbury, MA.

One of my moderator duties at St. John’s is to serve as director of the Betty Curtis Worcester County Young Writers Conference, an annual one-day conference for teens held each March. It’s no exaggeration to say that it is always one of my favorite days of the year.

Since 2012, I have been the Managing Editor of The Worcester Review, the annual literary journal of the Worcester County Poetry Association.

When I’m not teaching, writing, and editing, I can be found strumming my guitar and singing sad, sappy folk songs around Worcester County or spending long hours in my kitchen baking homemade bread and from-scratch dinners because cooking is the second-best therapy I’ve found (second only to writing, of course). Check out my Insta-recipes link for some fun cooking ideas.


 https://www.dvmulligan.com/
 https://www.facebook.com/DianeVMulligan/

2 comments:

Diane Vanaskie Mulligan said...

Thanks for spreading the news about my new book ;)

~Diane Mulligan

Kathleen Kelly said...

My pleasure Diane, good luck with your book!

Webfluential

Rakuten Affiliate Network Program

Rakuten Affiliate Network Welcome Program

Google Analytics

Pin it!

The Indie View

Celticlady's News

Linkvehicle

Bestseller Book Tours

Bestseller Book Tours Banner

First Words

First Words

Page Rank Checker

Pagerankchecker.com — Check your Pagerank

Influenster!

Please Share!

I belong to Book Vetter

Printfriendly

Google+ Badge

I Review For!

Pump Up Your Book

Book Depository

I am a Word Slinger Reviewer!

Book Reviewer Sign Up

Atria Newsroom

Smiley360

Join Smiley360

BookPal

70% off Bargain Books!

Brand Backer

Mom's Affiliate

Literrater

Whatsblog


Social Media Management by Symphony

View My Stats!

View My Stats

Pageviews past week

SNIPPET_HTML_V2.TXT

Feedburner

BlogsMonitor.Com

Books blog

Picket Fence

Google Page Rank

Skimlinks 1