Reviews!

To any authors/publishers/ tour companies that are looking for the reviews that I signed up for please know this is very hard to do. I will be stopping reviews temporarily. My husband passed away February 1st and my new normal is a bit scary right now and I am unable to concentrate on a book to do justice to the book and authors. I will still do spotlight posts if you wish it is just the reviews at this time. I apologize for this, but it isn't fair to you if I signed up to do a review and haven't been able to because I can't concentrate on any books. Thank you for your understanding during this difficult time. I appreciate all of you. Kathleen Kelly April 2nd 2024

30 November 2011

True Grime by Natasha Deen Book Tour and Review

I am pleased to participate in the Partners In Crime Book Tour of True Grime by Natasha Deen.


Synopsis:
Grime cop and teen fairy Pepper Powder lives for one thing: protecting the human species from magical zealots who seek to eradicate them with Violent Illness of Unusual Resistance and Strength (humans call them “viruses,” but their mistake is understandable. The very young often get their words wrong.). When a terrorist leader releases a necrophage bomb, it not only decimates Grime headquarters, it turns Pepper into the magical world’s first fairy amputee—but she’s not going to let a little thing like a missing leg stop her. To catch her criminal, and prevent him from unleashing a VIURS in one of the human world’s biggest shopping centers, West Edmonton Mall, she goes undercover as a human. But once Pepper's theories of humanity collide with the reality of bullies, cliques, and environmental destruction, will she still believe humanity's worth saving?



Author Bio:
When I was little, there was only one thing I wanted to be: a superhero. But there came a day when my dreams were broken, and that was the day I realized that being a klutz was not, in fact, a super power, and my super weakness for anything bright and shiny meant a magpie with self-control could easily defeat me in a battle of wills. I turned to writing as a way to sharpen my mental super-hero skills. I don’t get to orbit the earth in a space station (and thank God, because I get sick on merry go round), but I do get to say things like: “Stand aside! This is a job for Writing Girl!!!



Excerpt:
The necrophage viruses were in a refrigerated unit by the closet. I walked over, opened the door. Fog and cloud escaped with a hiss. I saw the tubes, full of purple liquid. I snapped on a pair of gloves and un-holstered the bullets from my hip. Taking a tube, I dipped each bullet in the virus.

Harley would never have done something like this. Harley would never allow me to do something like this. But Harley wasn’t here. I blew on each bullet, dried the virus. Then I put them back in their case. I told myself if I shot any terrorists with the bullets, I wasn’t condemning them to death. I’d seen the studies. They had a chance to live.

But the truth was, I was too angry and scared to care. Part of me wanted to kill, to maim them for what they’d done to me and Harley, and what they were planning to do to the humans. Maybe resorting to this level of violence meant I had dropped to their levels, become the very monster I fought against. Or maybe it meant I was finally playing by their rules and stepping into the game the way it was meant to be played.

Frankly, I didn’t care. I had one mission: get my partner back, no matter the cost. I snapped my gun into place and left the room.



My Thoughts:
True Grime is a YA fantasy story of Grime cop and fairy Pepper and her partner Harley who's assignments are to protect humans from terrorists out to destroy them. Pepper is a feisty fairy who does not always conform to the rules but her priority is to her job and her partner and she will do what it takes to protect the humans. A blend of fantasy and mystery which makes the book interesting to read. In the story, the author has interjected a lot of truths to the 'human personality' and how the humans are 'young' as opposed to the fairy world and have a lot to learn. Pepper and Harley are assigned to live as human teenagers to find the terrorists who want to infect and control the teenage population. What follows is a story filled with interesting and often scary situations. I recommend this for the teen reader as there are some violent situations that are not appropriate for the younger reader. I can definitely see this as a series. I really enjoyed this story even though I do not normally read a lot of fantasy or YA. 

Connect With Natasha:


Purchase Links: 




Thanks to Partners in Crime and Natasha Deen for the opportunity to read and review this book.


I received this ebook from Partners In Crime and was not monetarily compensated for my review. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

AddToAny

View My Stats!

View My Stats

Pageviews past week

SNIPPET_HTML_V2.TXT
Tweet