Reviews!

To any authors/publishers/ tour companies that are looking for the reviews that I signed up for please know this is very hard to do. I will be stopping reviews temporarily. My husband passed away February 1st and my new normal is a bit scary right now and I am unable to concentrate on a book to do justice to the book and authors. I will still do spotlight posts if you wish it is just the reviews at this time. I apologize for this, but it isn't fair to you if I signed up to do a review and haven't been able to because I can't concentrate on any books. Thank you for your understanding during this difficult time. I appreciate all of you. Kathleen Kelly April 2nd 2024

04 November 2010

In His Image Devotional Bible NLT Review

In His Image Devotional Bible NLT 
The In His Image Devotional Bible will help you know God more deeply as you discover His attributes and character throughout Scripture. You will become more like Christ as you practice directed, prayerful reading of God’s Word. Experience greater peace facing life’s challenges as you learn to see God fully.

The New Living Translation is an authoritative Bible translation, rendered faithfully into today’s English from the ancient texts by 90 leading Bible scholars. The NLT’s scholarship and clarity breathe life into even the most difficult-to-understand Bible passages—but even more powerful are stories of how people’s lives are changing as the words speak directly to their hearts. That’s why we call it “The Truth Made Clear.”
From the Back Cover
Are you becoming the person God made you to be? Is God’s presence in your daily life as real as you’d like it to be? Do you find the busyness of your life crowding out your relationship with God?
The In His Image Devotional Bible guides you through daily, life-changing interaction with God. The features in this Bible focus on passages that highlight His attributes and names so you can develop a deeper, richer, life-changing understanding of who God is. As you do, you’ll find yourself being renewed, energized, and transformed. Inside this Bible you’ll find . . .

  • 270 Prayerful Readings invite you to quiet your heart and listen to what God is saying to you through His Word and by the power of His Spirit.
  • Response to God Articles turn the focus from God’s attributes to what they mean for your life.
  • God’s Names and Titles feature clarifies the meaning of the original language and offers a related application.
  • Knowing God Articles explain God’s attributes, helping you understand the big picture of his character and what a biblical relationship with him should look like.
  • Book Introductions provide insight into how God’s attributes and character are revealed in each book adding a new depth of understanding to your study.
  • Reading guides and indexes help you get the most out of In His Image.
Get to know God at a deeper level. Let him change you from the inside out.
My Thoughts
There are many things I liked about In His Image Devotional Bible. It is just the right size and easy to read. Some Bibles are either too heavy or too small. I also liked the verses, reflections and prayers that are on the pages on the right side in this new devotional bible. At the beginning of each chapter are explanations to each of the sections in that chapter. There are also explanations on people and names mentioned along with footnotes with further direction about God.
I read bits and pieces of the bible as a child but I have been looking for a bible that I could understand. I think this one will be just right for me so that I can learn more of Gods love.

I received this bible from Tyndale for review and was not compensated for my thoughts of this bible.

No comments:

Post a Comment

AddToAny

View My Stats!

View My Stats

Pageviews past week

SNIPPET_HTML_V2.TXT
Tweet