Reviews!

To any authors/publishers/ tour companies that are looking for the reviews that I signed up for please know this is very hard to do. I will be stopping reviews temporarily. My husband passed away February 1st and my new normal is a bit scary right now and I am unable to concentrate on a book to do justice to the book and authors. I will still do spotlight posts if you wish it is just the reviews at this time. I apologize for this, but it isn't fair to you if I signed up to do a review and haven't been able to because I can't concentrate on any books. Thank you for your understanding during this difficult time. I appreciate all of you. Kathleen Kelly April 2nd 2024

18 March 2011

It Happened One Bite by Lydia Dare

It Happened One Bite

ISBN: 9781402245077
By: Lydia Dare
Published: February 2011
Rich, titled, and undead, gentleman vampyre James Maitland fears himself doomed to a cold and lonely existence—until Scottish witch Blaire Lindsay arrives, and things begin to heat up considerably… 

He’s lost, trapped, doomed for all eternity…
Rich, titled, and undead, gentleman vampyre James Maitland, Lord Kettering, fears himself doomed to a cold and lonely existence—trapped for decades in an abandoned castle. Then, beautiful Scottish witch Blaire Lindsay arrives, and things begin to heat up considerably…
Unless he can persuade her to set him free…
Feisty Blaire Lindsay laughs off the local gossip surrounding her mother’s ancestral home—stories of haunting cannot scare off this battle-born witch. But when she discovers the handsome prisoner in the bowels of the castle, Blaire has no idea that she has unleashed anything more than a man who sets her heart on fire

My Thoughts: 
Witches, vampyres, the Highlands of Scotland, sexy men and a feisty heroine... what more could you want out of a paranormal, romantic story? Not much more. This book is a very sensual read about a vampyre, James, who has been interred for a very long time by a coven of witches. His goal is to find a ring that is special to him for various reasons and he needs to find the witches that put him in the cellar of the castle or their descendantsso he can continue with his life. The problem is, he has to find this ring in the castle that was recently inherited by the feisty Blaire's brother Aiden. The sparks fly immediately in this tale of good and bad, in more ways then one, as Blaire can shoot balls of fire out of her hands. I liked the character of Blaire, but I mostly enjoyed the antics of her little brother Bran. Cute kid. The chemistry between James and Blaire is explosive. If you love the paranormal, hot sexy story, this is it.This is the first of Lydia Dare's books I have read and I did enjoy it and the writing, love the Scottish brogue, and I will certainly check out her other books.
I received this book as a review copy and was not monetarily compensated for my review.

No comments:

Post a Comment

AddToAny

View My Stats!

View My Stats

Pageviews past week

SNIPPET_HTML_V2.TXT
Tweet