Reviews!

To any authors/publishers/ tour companies that are looking for the reviews that I signed up for please know this is very hard to do. I will be stopping reviews temporarily. My husband passed away February 1st and my new normal is a bit scary right now and I am unable to concentrate on a book to do justice to the book and authors. I will still do spotlight posts if you wish it is just the reviews at this time. I apologize for this, but it isn't fair to you if I signed up to do a review and haven't been able to because I can't concentrate on any books. Thank you for your understanding during this difficult time. I appreciate all of you. Kathleen Kelly April 2nd 2024

01 May 2011

Elizabeth and the Prince of Spain by Margaret Irwin Review

Elizabeth and the Prince of Spain
ISBN: 9781402229985
By: Margaret Irwin
Published: March 2011
$14.99

From the Publisher:

First published in 1946, Elizabeth and the Prince of Spain continues the “vivid, psychologically brilliant” (Times Literary Supplement) journey begun in Young Bess and Elizabeth, Captive Princess. Philip, Prince of Spain, the unwilling bridegroom of Queen Mary, has been warned about the young Elizabeth. According to all reports, she is a heretic, a rebel, and a potential enemy—but she’s also alluring. Accused of treachery by Mary, Elizabeth finds herself teetering between Mary’s vengeance and Philip’s uneasy ardor, with her life in the balance.


My Thoughts:
Elizabeth and the Price of Spain by Margaret Irwin is the third in a series of novels by Margaret Irwin. This novel is about the relationship between Princess Elizabeth, daughter of King Henry VIII, and Prince Phillip of Spain who is the soon to be husband of King Henry's oldest daughter Mary, who is the current Queen of England. The series was first published in 1946-1953. This newly released novel from Sourcebooks tells the story of the love /hate relationship between Princess Elizabeth and Mary. This historical novel gives us an insight into the Tudor court with the Catholic Mary and Phillip and Protestant Elizabeth. Mary hopes with the help of Phillip that she can bring back Catholicism to England. Phillip in the meantime becomes attracted to Elizabeth. I think this is actually the first account I read which explains the animosity that is to come between Phillip and Elizabeth during Elizabeth's reign. This series is very well researched and even though it was written in the early 50's, it still has a modern feel to it. Any historical buff will enjoy this series.
I received this book for review from Sourcebooks and was not monetarily compensated for my review.

No comments:

Post a Comment

AddToAny

View My Stats!

View My Stats

Pageviews past week

SNIPPET_HTML_V2.TXT
Tweet