Reviews!

To any authors/publishers/ tour companies that are looking for the reviews that I signed up for please know this is very hard to do. I will be stopping reviews temporarily. My husband passed away February 1st and my new normal is a bit scary right now and I am unable to concentrate on a book to do justice to the book and authors. I will still do spotlight posts if you wish it is just the reviews at this time. I apologize for this, but it isn't fair to you if I signed up to do a review and haven't been able to because I can't concentrate on any books. Thank you for your understanding during this difficult time. I appreciate all of you. Kathleen Kelly April 2nd 2024

25 April 2011

Lydia by Tim Sandlin Review

Lydia

ISBN: 9781402241819
Published: March 2011 
From: Sourcebooks
Fifteen years ago, Tim Sandlin concluded his acclaimed “GroVont” trilogy. But some characters call a writer back.
Managing the Virgin Birth Home for Unwed Mothers means the women in Sam Callahan’s life keep his world interesting. But it’s his family members that really take the cake. His daughter may be having a nervous breakdown, and his mother’s just out of prison for attempting to poison the President’s dog. And when they hit the road with a geriatric, an adoptive son trying to discover his parentage, and an enraged psychopath on their tails, all hell may break loose.

My Thoughts:
I tried to read this book a few times but just could not get into it..My husband did read it though and found it to be very quirky and said it was pretty good. So it must just be me then...I asked my husband what he thought... He said that there was a lot of humor in it, especially Lydia. There are also  a lot of different characters in the book that tell  their own story, but the main character, he felt was the old man, Oly. Any fans of Carl Hiaasen will enjoy this book. Tim Sandlin also wrote Social Blunders and Skipped Parts among others. I am giving this book 4 stars, not because I read it but my husband, Tom, thought it was a good story. I don't feel it is fair to the author to give it one star just because I could not read it.
I received this book from Sourcebooks and was not monetarily compensated for my review.

No comments:

Post a Comment

AddToAny

View My Stats!

View My Stats

Pageviews past week

SNIPPET_HTML_V2.TXT
Tweet