Reviews!

To any authors/publishers/ tour companies that are looking for the reviews that I signed up for please know this is very hard to do. I will be stopping reviews temporarily. My husband passed away February 1st and my new normal is a bit scary right now and I am unable to concentrate on a book to do justice to the book and authors. I will still do spotlight posts if you wish it is just the reviews at this time. I apologize for this, but it isn't fair to you if I signed up to do a review and haven't been able to because I can't concentrate on any books. Thank you for your understanding during this difficult time. I appreciate all of you. Kathleen Kelly April 2nd 2024

06 May 2011

On Maggies Watch by Ann Wertz Garvin Review

On Maggie's Watch

On Maggie's Watch by Ann Wertz Gavin

Book Description from Amazon.com

Paperback: 304 pages
Publisher: Berkley Trade; Original edition (November 2, 2010)
Language: English
ISBN-10: 9780425236789
ISBN-13: 978-0425236789


"To Do:
R Set up Crib
R Carve Zucchini Boats
R Fight Crime

Maggie Finley has returned to her Wisconsin hometown, trading a high-powered job for the life of a homemaker and awaiting the any-minute-now birth of her baby. Life has dealt some painful blows to Maggie and her husband, and she's determined to create a safe haven on Hemlock Street, a neighborhood that has always meant security, community, and love. One way to do that: resurrect the defunct Neighborhood Watch program.
The Watch folks are mostly concerned with dog poop and litterbugs. But Maggie's done some digging and discovered a potential threat living just around the corner-a threat that must be eradicated. But the more Maggie tries to take control, the more out of control she gets. Soon she's flirting dangerously with her handyman and making three a. m. bike trips in her pajamas to scope out the bad guy. All she wants is to keep her family. safe. If only she could keep herself sane..".


You can read an excerpt an learn more about Ann Wertz Garvin here at annwertzgarvin.com.

My Thoughts:
I was contacted by Ann Wertz Garvin asking me if I would be interested in reviewing her book On Maggie's Watch. I took a look to see what it was about and immediately thought that this would be a fun read. I was not disappointed. The two female characters, Maggie and Julia, are old friends and since Maggie and her husband have returned to a small Wisconsin town( I live in Wisconsin also), they have become friends again. Maggie decides to become interested in the Neighborhood Watch program because she has found that there is a registered sex offender in the neighborhood. What ensues is a story that is humerous and serious at the same time. Humerous because Maggie is a bit over the top at times and serious because the author has covered some serious topics. I loved this story because, even though it had very serious undertones it was told with compassion and understanding even if Maggie is a character who has lots of flaws, no pretentions. A great weekend summer read for the beach!!!
I received this book from the author and was not monetarily compensated for my review.

No comments:

Post a Comment

AddToAny

View My Stats!

View My Stats

Pageviews past week

SNIPPET_HTML_V2.TXT
Tweet