Reviews!

To any authors/publishers/ tour companies that are looking for the reviews that I signed up for please know this is very hard to do. I will be stopping reviews temporarily. My husband passed away February 1st and my new normal is a bit scary right now and I am unable to concentrate on a book to do justice to the book and authors. I will still do spotlight posts if you wish it is just the reviews at this time. I apologize for this, but it isn't fair to you if I signed up to do a review and haven't been able to because I can't concentrate on any books. Thank you for your understanding during this difficult time. I appreciate all of you. Kathleen Kelly April 2nd 2024

26 March 2012

Reluctant Protector by Nana Malone Review





For five years, Cassie Reeser has been her brother’s personal lab rat. Peter’s experiments have made her a stronger, faster, better human. And she’s not the only one – he’s been experimenting on others as well. For five years, escape has eluded her. Until now. When she finds out he plans to sell her as a human weapon she knows it’s now or never. To make her escape she’ll sacrifice family bonds and leave behind the one person who’s ever helped her. Cassie’s learned to shrink from kindness and to never trust anyone. She knows the day Peter finally captures her will be the day she dies. To elude her brother and save the others, she’ll have to risk her body and her heart. What she doesn't expect is a chance at a normal life. 

Seth Adams is used to sifting through lies to find the truth. As a former war correspondent he knows what evils lurk in the world. When he finds Cassie hiding out in his car trunk, her story sounds like a fantastical dream. But, before long, he witnesses firsthand what she’s talking about when they’re attacked by a group of Peter’s soldiers. As a result, he goes through his own transformation into a super human and realizes the extent of what Cassie is running from. Cassie might not think she needs his protection, buthe’ll die before he lets her brother have her back.



My Thoughts:
Reluctant Proctor is a paranormal short story that is very fast paced. this is not your typical vampire or werewolf paranormal but of a woman who has superhuman powers. A sickly Cassie, is taken under her brothers wing when her father passes away. Father and brother are both scientists who do experiments and develop cures for diseases. Peter has taken things a step further by experimenting on his own sister and keeps her locked up for five years in the institution. She has tried to escape numerous times and succeeds this time. She hides in the trunk of a car and when she is found by the owner, Seth Adams, they are both in danger of being found with an undesirable outcome. So they have to do all they can to stay one step ahead of Peter. A lot of action packed into less than 100 pages and a fast exciting read. A steamy read, so if you like a racy, sexy story, then this book is for you. I look forward to the next book in the series. I received a copy of this ebook for review from Sizzling PR and was not monetarily compensated for my review.

1 comment:

  1. Hi, Kathleen. I'm returning the follow from WWEBSS on Facebook. This sounds like a good story. I'll have to check it out. I also wanted to invite you to check out the blog hop I'm hosting with a friend of mine. It's for blogs with less than 1000 followers. If you don't mind spreading the word I'd be so appreciative. Thanks!
    Jeannette
    http://walkingonbookshelves.blogspot.com/2012/03/small-blogs-big-dreams-linky-sign-up.html

    ReplyDelete

AddToAny

View My Stats!

View My Stats

Pageviews past week

SNIPPET_HTML_V2.TXT
Tweet