Reviews!

To any authors/publishers/ tour companies that are looking for the reviews that I signed up for please know this is very hard to do. I will be stopping reviews temporarily. My husband passed away February 1st and my new normal is a bit scary right now and I am unable to concentrate on a book to do justice to the book and authors. I will still do spotlight posts if you wish it is just the reviews at this time. I apologize for this, but it isn't fair to you if I signed up to do a review and haven't been able to because I can't concentrate on any books. Thank you for your understanding during this difficult time. I appreciate all of you. Kathleen Kelly April 2nd 2024

06 April 2012

Indelible by Kristen Heitzmann Review





In a clash of light and darkness, can courage prevail? 
Rescuing a toddler from the jaws of a mountain lion, Trevor MacDaniel, a high-country outfi tter, sets in motion events he can’t foresee. His act of bravery entwines his life with gifted sculptor Natalie Reeve—and attracts a grim admirer.
 
Trevor’s need to guard and protect is born of tragedy, prompting his decision to become a search and rescue volunteer. Natalie’s gift of sculpting comes from an unusual disability that seeks release through her creative hands. In each other they see strength and courage as they face an incomprehensible foe.
 
When a troubled soul views Trevor as archangel and adversary, Redford’s peaceful mountain community is threatened. Together with Police Chief Jonah Westfall, Trevor presses his limits to combat the menace who targets the most helpless and innocent.




Paperback336 pages
Published May 3rd 2011 by WaterBrook Press

My Thoughts:
Natalie Reeve and Trevor MacDaniel meet after Trevor rescues Natalies three year old nephew from the jaws of a mountain lion, literally. Natalie is a sculptor with an eidetic memory, meaning the ability to recall images, sounds, events or objects with clarity and extraordinary detail. In Natalies case, she recalls every face to the point of not being able to see anything else. When this happens to her she needs to sculpt right away. Trevor and his business partner Whit are rescue volunteers. Trevor has some deep dark secret and this secret is the reason he has decided to become a rescuer. Natalie finds herself becoming deeply attracted to him but is afraid to become involved. Trevor feels the need to protect Natalie especially with the fact that there is someone stalking Trevor. Both Natalie and Trevor have their own demons to deal with. Natalie for the accident to her nephew of which she feels guilty for and Trevor for a tragedy that happened in his past that he feels guilty for. Can these two troubled souls find the love and forgiveness they both crave and can they find that with each other? You will have to read the book to find out. I enjoyed this novel and found it sufficiently creepy at times but overall I liked it.
You can read more about this novel and the author at WaterBrook Multnomah and the authors website here.
I received a copy of this novel from the publisher and was not monetarily compensated for my review.


No comments:

Post a Comment

AddToAny

View My Stats!

View My Stats

Pageviews past week

SNIPPET_HTML_V2.TXT
Tweet