Reviews!

To any authors/publishers/ tour companies that are looking for the reviews that I signed up for please know this is very hard to do. I will be stopping reviews temporarily. My husband passed away February 1st and my new normal is a bit scary right now and I am unable to concentrate on a book to do justice to the book and authors. I will still do spotlight posts if you wish it is just the reviews at this time. I apologize for this, but it isn't fair to you if I signed up to do a review and haven't been able to because I can't concentrate on any books. Thank you for your understanding during this difficult time. I appreciate all of you. Kathleen Kelly April 2nd 2024

08 July 2012

Permanence by Vincent Zandri Review






Book Details:
Genre: Suspense
Publisher: Bear Media; 2 edition
Publication Date: May 4,2012
Number of Pages: 143
Purchase Links: Amazon   

I am pleased to participate in the Virtual Book Tour for Vincent Zandri for his book Permanence for Partner's in Crime!!


Synopsis:
Based upon Vincent Zandri's most anthologized Pushcart Prize-nominated short story of the same title, Permanence, is the "Hitchcockian" story of Mary Kismet, a travel agent and grieving mother of a toddler who suffered an apparent accidental drowning. Now, all alone in the world, she attempts to ease the pain of her suffering by immersing herself, body and soul, into a love affair with her psychiatrist, a man haunted by his own demons. A tragic novel of obsession, dark compulsions, and madness, Permanence transports the ill-fated lovers from New York to Venice, Italy, and back again.  




Author Bio:
Vincent Zandri is the No. 1 International Bestselling Amazon Kindle author of THE INNOCENT, GODCHILD, THE REMAINS, MOONLIGHT FALLS, CONCRETE PEARL and the forthcoming MOONLIGHT RISES. He is also the author of the bestselling digital shorts, PATHOLOGICAL and MOONLIGHT MAFIA. Harlan Coben has described his novels as "...gritty, fast-paced, lyrical and haunting," while the New York Post called THE INNOCENT, "Sensational...Masterful...Brilliant!" In March, April and May of 2011, he sold more than 100,000 Kindle E-Books editions of his novels, and is rapidly closing in on the 200K mark all totaled. An MFA in Writing graduate of Vermont College, Zandri's work is translated into many languages including the Dutch, Russian and Japanese. An adventurer, foreign correspondent, and freelance photo-journalist for RT, Globalspec, IBTimes and more, he divides his time between New York and Florence, Italy.



Connect With Vincent:


My Thoughts
Permanence by Vincent Zandri is a story of a woman, Mary Kismet  riddled by guilt after the death of her young child. Because of this accident her husband leaves her and seeks the council of a psychiatrist. She doesn't work and is living off the insurance money from her child's accident. She soon becomes involved in a sexual affair with her psychiatrist. Mary's frame of mind is delicate at best and the affair that she is into is probably not the best idea for her. She can not seem to come to grips with the fact that she feels responsible for her child's death. She has pretty much become a recluse and only sees her psychiatrist and goes with him to Italy supposedly for medical conferences but the visit is not what she thinks...
This story has some dark elements and it is not the usual romance novel either. Mr.Zandri's writing is exceptional in that the reader can feel the emotions and the thoughts going through Mary's mind. I would have to say that the ending kind of blew me away, never saw it coming. The writing style kind of reminded me of a Patricia Highsmith book. I read this book in one sitting and enjoyed it. Fans of Vincent Zandri will definitely enjoy this book!!
I received this review ebook from Partner's in Crime and was not monetarily compensated for my review.

No comments:

Post a Comment

AddToAny

View My Stats!

View My Stats

Pageviews past week

SNIPPET_HTML_V2.TXT
Tweet