Reviews!

To any authors/publishers/ tour companies that are looking for the reviews that I signed up for please know this is very hard to do. I will be stopping reviews temporarily. My husband passed away February 1st and my new normal is a bit scary right now and I am unable to concentrate on a book to do justice to the book and authors. I will still do spotlight posts if you wish it is just the reviews at this time. I apologize for this, but it isn't fair to you if I signed up to do a review and haven't been able to because I can't concentrate on any books. Thank you for your understanding during this difficult time. I appreciate all of you. Kathleen Kelly April 2nd 2024

09 November 2012

Ramblings in Ireland by Kerry Dwyer Review


This is not a book about rambling in Ireland.

It tells the tale of one particular walking trip and the memories and musings it inspired.

Exploring the West of Ireland is a time for meditation, spiritual reflection and strengthening the bonds of life. More practically the ability to read a map might have proved helpful. The tourist office in Ireland has all their paths clearly marked. You can’t go wrong if you follow that little yellow man. Or can you?

As British ex-patriate Kerry Dwyer leads Bertrand, her trusting French husband, astray once more, they reminisce and reflect upon accents and accidents, family and friends, love and what it means to be alive. Bertrand doesn’t mind getting lost – he loves Kerry all the more for going off the beaten track.

This is a book about ramblings in Ireland. Walk with Kerry and Bertrand and follow where your thoughts lead you.


You can read more about Kerry Dwyer at the link below:

http://kerrydwyer.net/




My Thoughts:
Since I am of Irish descent, when Kerry Dwyer contacted me about her book, she did not have to do much in the way of convincing me to review it. The title says it all, Ramblings in Ireland. I have been to Ireland twice, not on any walking tours as I am older now and walking great distances is not an option. While reading Kerry's descriptions of the places they were touring and walking, I could see the beauty of Ireland in my minds eye again. Such a beautiful country. I had to chuckle every so often when Kerry was talking about her husband and some of the things he said. How hard it must have been for him to be in another country and try to understand the people and the language. In the book Kerry has a tendency to veer off into another topic and the funniest one for me was the bra description. A bowl indeed!!! Very funny. For you readers if you are wondering what I am talking about..not going to tell you so you will have to get your own copy. If you are a person who is planning on going to Ireland for a visit whether walking, staying in B&B's or just doing a tour, this is the book for you to take along. Note* this is not a guide book. I loved it and highly recommend it!
Thanks go to Kerry for an ecopy of her book and to let the reader know that I was not monetarily compensated for my review.

3 comments:

  1. Hi Kathleen,

    What a fantastic blog you have. I especially like the link at the top for fans of Downton Abbey -will take a look at that now. Great interview and I enjoyed your review very much. Thank you. Nice to see the book has humour to deliver a bit of life into travelling around Ireland.

    Best wishes
    Suzy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kathleen
    Thank you for this lovely review and for posting information about my book on your delightful blog. I appreciate the time that you took to read and review my work and I am thrilled that you enjoyed it so much.

    Hello Suzy
    I am glad you popped by here to read this review. Thanks for the comment. The book has quite a lot of humour but there is a lot of life in travelling around Ireland as well :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you ladies for stopping by!! It was my pleasure to read your book and thank you Suzy for your lovely comments...

    ReplyDelete

AddToAny

View My Stats!

View My Stats

Pageviews past week

SNIPPET_HTML_V2.TXT
Tweet