Reviews!

To any authors/publishers/ tour companies that are looking for the reviews that I signed up for please know this is very hard to do. I will be stopping reviews temporarily. My husband passed away February 1st and my new normal is a bit scary right now and I am unable to concentrate on a book to do justice to the book and authors. I will still do spotlight posts if you wish it is just the reviews at this time. I apologize for this, but it isn't fair to you if I signed up to do a review and haven't been able to because I can't concentrate on any books. Thank you for your understanding during this difficult time. I appreciate all of you. Kathleen Kelly April 2nd 2024

28 October 2013

The Seacrest by Aaron Paul Lazar Book Blast and Review!!



They say it’s better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all. 

Finn McGraw disagrees. 

He was just seventeen when he had a torrid summer affair with the girl who stole his heart—and then inexplicably turned on him. Finn may have moved on with his life, but he’s never forgotten her. 

Now, ten years later, he’s got more than his lost love to worry about. A horrific accident turns his life upside down, resurrecting the ghosts of his long-dead family and taking the lives of the few people he has left. 

Finn always believed his estranged brother was responsible for the fire that killed their family—but an unexpected inheritance with a mystery attached throws everything he knows into doubt. 

And on top of that, the beguiling daughter of his wealthy employer has secrets of her own. But the closer he gets, the harder she pushes him away. 

The Seacrest is a story of intrigue and betrayal, of secrets and second chances—and above all, of a love that never dies

Amazon ASIN: B00G1TDBRI
Smashwords ISBN: 9781301029730 
Amazon Print: ISBN-13: 978-1493548675 ; ISBN-10: 1493548670
Amazon Link: http://amzn.to/16pjh4i

My Thoughts
I am always a bit skeptical when I read a love story written by a man but I was pleasantly surprised with The Seacrest. The story starts out with a tragedy, where Finn McGraw's wife and brother die in a car accident. Alternating chapters tell the story from when Finn was 17 and the affair that he had with a girl whom he fell madly in love with, but because of their different backgrounds, can never hope to have. The author goes into the Finn's marriage and the fire that killed his parents and little sister. Finn feels that his brother was responsible for this fire, which has caused a huge rift in their relationship. With the accident Finn is left wondering why his wife and brother were together in the first place, since he didn't think that his wife had ever met his estranged brother. There are a lot of questions that need answers and Finn is determined to figure it out. Until he does he will not be happy.

This is a story of unrequited love, long buried secrets and anger, hope and forgiveness. The story is written in such a way that the reader is pulled right into the story. Can a teenage love last over a ten year period?? Will Finn finally come to terms with his losses and have the woman that he has never forgotten and get over his anger? This is a fast paced story that will keep you turning the pages. I really enjoyed this novel and hope to read more of this author's work.

I received a copy of this book and was not monetarily compensated for my review.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you, Kathleen, for this lovely review! I'm honored to be on your blog today. ;o) Have a wonderful rest of your day. -Aaron

    ReplyDelete

AddToAny

View My Stats!

View My Stats

Pageviews past week

SNIPPET_HTML_V2.TXT
Tweet