Reviews!

To any authors/publishers/ tour companies that are looking for the reviews that I signed up for please know this is very hard to do. I will be stopping reviews temporarily. My husband passed away February 1st and my new normal is a bit scary right now and I am unable to concentrate on a book to do justice to the book and authors. I will still do spotlight posts if you wish it is just the reviews at this time. I apologize for this, but it isn't fair to you if I signed up to do a review and haven't been able to because I can't concentrate on any books. Thank you for your understanding during this difficult time. I appreciate all of you. Kathleen Kelly April 2nd 2024

07 March 2014

A Town Without Mercy by Joanne Simon Tailele Spotlight!


Book Details

  • Paperback: 254 pages
  • Publisher: CreateSpace Independent Publishing Platform; 1 edition (January 7, 2014)
  • Language: English
  • ISBN-10: 1494252570
  • ISBN-13: 978-1494252571

Is it nature or nurture that drives a teenage girl to open fire in a crowd at a 4th of July celebration? Told through the eyes of the mother, a TV news correspondent, Adele must find the answer, even as it takes her away from Mercedes where she lays in a coma from the police bullet that stopped the carnage. If Adele follows the leads, the price could be her seventeen-year-old marriage to same-sex partner, Jodi Warren. The quiet town of Concord Park want revenge and they blame Adele and Jodi's lifestyle as the cause of their daughter's actions. But are they innocent of all blame?


About this author

I was born a mid-west girl in Youngstown Ohio and wrote my first short story at the age of ten in blue colored pencil. It was a mystery called "The Mystery of the Missing Marble." For most of my life, my writing was private, for my own enjoyment and therapy. In 2010, I discovered NANOWRIMO and I challenged myself to write a 50K novel in 30 days. I finished it, but it was awful. After joining an online writer's group through Writer's Village University, I picked away at my story for a full year with the help of the other girls in my group from all over the globe. It took me another year of edits and rewrites when I joined a local writer's group before I felt it was ready for the public eye. ACCIDENT is my first novel and is the reincarnated version of the original Accident through NANOWRIMO. It is now available as an e-reader on Kindle Amazon and will be out in print copy through Outskirts Press in the fall of 2013.

A second novel, got pushed to the "later file" and I am currently working on my 3rd novel. To coin a phrase from Jodi Picoult, my writing idol, my stories are "moral fiction, not because I plan to change anyone's mind on a subject but because I hope to cause you to think about modern day issues that most people would prefer to shove under the rug."

I currently reside on Marco Island on the SW Gulf coast of Florida with my husband. Proudly the parents of 8 his and hers kids and 9 grandkids, we spend out time boating and enjoying the white sandy beach of Marco when I am not writing or selling real estate.





BUY LINKS

No comments:

Post a Comment

AddToAny

View My Stats!

View My Stats

Pageviews past week

SNIPPET_HTML_V2.TXT
Tweet