Reviews!

To any authors/publishers/ tour companies that are looking for the reviews that I signed up for please know this is very hard to do. I will be stopping reviews temporarily. My husband passed away February 1st and my new normal is a bit scary right now and I am unable to concentrate on a book to do justice to the book and authors. I will still do spotlight posts if you wish it is just the reviews at this time. I apologize for this, but it isn't fair to you if I signed up to do a review and haven't been able to because I can't concentrate on any books. Thank you for your understanding during this difficult time. I appreciate all of you. Kathleen Kelly April 2nd 2024

23 August 2014

Dreams, Fiction and Me by Agostino Scafidi Book Spotlight!!


 Genre: Paranormal Fiction
 127 pages
  ISBN 978-0-9936659-2-9 

Available exclusively via the author's online store (in all major digital formats) http://agostinoscafidi.bigcartel.com
Genre: Paranormal Fiction

There was a time when I kept a dream journal. I picked it up somewhere along the way of my studies at the time of stuff like Thelema, or anything Crowley related really, along with stuff like Tarot, Magick, or Castaneda. Anyway, there was meditation practice at the time too, so all of these interests was the place dream journaling came from. I left it for years but some months ago I picked it up again and that's the idea for my book right there.

Comes in epub mobi pdf doc plus cover

A collection of short stories based entirely on dreams the author recorded in his journal. Over a period of almost three months he used techniques learned from various sources (Castaneda, Thelema, Occultism) to record his dreams. The author goes into detail about this process in the Introduction. Mixing fiction with the journal entries, intent on entertaining the reader as well as heightening awareness of the role of dreams in our lives, here is Dreams, Fiction and Me. A paranormal fiction suitable for all ages.

BIO
Agostino Scafidi is from Montreal, QC, Canada. He's written three eBooks. He's also a guitar player. Always been friends with creativity and exploration. Writes fiction of varying kinds.
--
Read a Sample

The Light Through The Fog 
Chapter One

This was a ritual I dreaded from the very depths of my soul but is unwaveringly necessary that I fulfill it. There was a place I had to walk to every day, it wasn’t far from home but still it took a half hour to get there and come back. One positive thing about the whole ordeal was that the horrors would only surface on my return trip, going there would be right as rain. How could a single path be so tumultuous?

This strife of mine had been plaguing me for a number of days. It felt like it was always with me. Upon my return the sunlight would fade away and the ground would turn to a muddy swamp. I never saw any opportunity except to trudge through it and reach its end. When finally emerging I’d be soaked in a slimy black green sludge up to my thighs. Although the mess would wash off easily enough it was a blow to morale each and every day. 

I had never ceased asking and pleading to any God that would hear to deliver me from this arduous daily penance I faced, alone and without respite. My prayers went unanswered and I begrudgingly resigned to my fate, but I never gave up hope that one day I’d be saved from this torment.


Chapter Two

One day, a woman who had been watching me for the longest time through my grief and pain decided to enlighten me and lift me from my sadness. I looked upon her as if she was brought to me by the very grace of God himself. I beseeched the woman and pleaded with her to save me from my unrelenting torture. She kindly but firmly directed me towards the path of my salvation. Apparently this path was one I had been ignoring, unknowingly of course. Realizing it shocked me to my core, I could not for the life of me remember seeing any alternative to the path I have been taking. Surely if I did I would have tried it.

She relayed to me the way I could access this alternate path and I thanked her profusely. The next day I followed the woman’s instructions, tears fell from my eyes when I found myself traversing a sunlit path. Dry and peaceful, welcoming and warm. I had never given up hope and now it felt like I not only deserved to be free, but that I was meant to. I would never forget the woman or her kindness towards me and vowed to cherish and protect my freedom. I pledged to help anyone I may come across if they are seeking and unable to find.


Original dream journal entry, 26/04/2014

Was walking home from someplace nearby, taking the same path through the park every time. I’d always run into an area where there were deep swamp like puddles and the sunlight would disappear and everything would turn black as night. I’d manage to make it home every time but soaked up to my thighs in sticky sludge. A woman told me to walk on a different path, one that I didn’t realize was possible. So I did one day and there were no puddles and the sunlight remained.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

AddToAny

View My Stats!

View My Stats

Pageviews past week

SNIPPET_HTML_V2.TXT
Tweet