Reviews!

To any authors/publishers/ tour companies that are looking for the reviews that I signed up for please know this is very hard to do. I will be stopping reviews temporarily. My husband passed away February 1st and my new normal is a bit scary right now and I am unable to concentrate on a book to do justice to the book and authors. I will still do spotlight posts if you wish it is just the reviews at this time. I apologize for this, but it isn't fair to you if I signed up to do a review and haven't been able to because I can't concentrate on any books. Thank you for your understanding during this difficult time. I appreciate all of you. Kathleen Kelly April 2nd 2024

11 September 2014

The Amish Baking Cookbook by Georgia Varozza & Kathleen Kerr Review!

Book Details

  • Spiral-bound: 272 pages
  • Publisher: Harvest House Publishers; Spi edition (September 1, 2014)
  • Language: English
  • ISBN-10: 0736955380
  • ISBN-13: 978-0736955386

Building on the success of The Homestyle Amish Kitchen (more than 58,000 copies sold), Georgia Varozza partners with experienced baker Kathleen Kerr to give you a cookbook filled with the foods most associated with the Plain and simple life: baked goods. This delicious collection of more than three hundred classic baking recipes for cookies, cakes, pies, bars, and breads inspires you who love Amish fiction and are drawn to the Plain lifestyle to roll up your sleeves and start baking!

Whether you consider yourself a novice or a veteran in the kitchen, Georgia and Kathleen make it easy to make delicious baking recipes such as Amish Nut Balls and Brown Sugar Pie. Find the perfect recipe to prepare for that large weekend potluck, tonight's intimate family dinner, or a fun activity with the kids.


My Thoughts

I love to bake, cookies, cakes and bread. I received a Kitchen Aid for Christmas from hubby and he says that after 32 years of marriage that this the best gift he has ever gotten for me. I have to agree. Years ago I learned how to make bread from our 84 year old landlady, I was recently married and I so wanted to learn how to make pie crust and home made bread. I did learn and was pretty successful at both, but raising a family and working full time pretty much put a halt to my skills, and now that I am retired I love that I have the time to bake again. I have been baking homemade bread since I received the mixer and I am always looking for new recipes. We all love it when I make bread and they turn out, as you have to have the knack for it. I have to say that a fresh loaf of bread does not last long, I am always being asked "is it cool enough to cut?"

When I saw that The Amish Baking Cookbook was available I requested it right away. I love the simplicity of the recipes and the abundance of selections of the different bake goods. I have used quite a few of the recipes and this book is my go to cookbook now and with winter on it's way, what is better than a pot of home made soup or chili and a fresh warm loaf of bread to go with it. Plus any one of the deserts to follow up a great meal. 

I highly recommend this cookbook for the person who loves home made baked items.

I received a copy of this book from NetGalley and was not monetarily compensated for said review.

No comments:

Post a Comment

AddToAny

View My Stats!

View My Stats

Pageviews past week

SNIPPET_HTML_V2.TXT
Tweet