Reviews!

To any authors/publishers/ tour companies that are looking for the reviews that I signed up for please know this is very hard to do. I will be stopping reviews temporarily. My husband passed away February 1st and my new normal is a bit scary right now and I am unable to concentrate on a book to do justice to the book and authors. I will still do spotlight posts if you wish it is just the reviews at this time. I apologize for this, but it isn't fair to you if I signed up to do a review and haven't been able to because I can't concentrate on any books. Thank you for your understanding during this difficult time. I appreciate all of you. Kathleen Kelly April 2nd 2024

03 October 2014

The Mindful Son by James Hickman Spotlight



"A motivational autobiography about overcoming schizophrenia"


This story provides an insider’s account of the world of mental health from the perspective of the patient, the healthcare provider, and the family member of someone with mental illness. It demonstrates beyond question that recovery is attainable and that the most daunting obstacles can be overcome through determination and the right mindset. The wisdom I acquired through years of trial and error is now at the disposal of anyone who reads these words. Anyone who seeks understanding of what having a mental illness is will discover that in these pages. They prove beyond doubt that recovery from serious mental illness is obtainable, and provide concrete information on how this recovery can be sustained. Those who read this book will know that great obstacles are surmountable with determination and the application of certain principles. This is the story of the ultimate triumph of a family devastated by mental illness over the course of thirty-seven years. Many dark days are recounted in this voyage, until we finally reach the light together.

“Jim's story of courage, perseverance and determination is an inspiration. His is a story, not of dealing with his personal struggles with mental illness but rather a story of success, hope and recovery. I recommend it to anyone whose life has been touched by adversity.”
Mike Autrey, Director
Alabama Office of Consumer Relations

“Hickman looks at the world of mental health through a prism of unique experience.”
Robert Hermes, Director
Wings Across Alabama

No comments:

Post a Comment

AddToAny

View My Stats!

View My Stats

Pageviews past week

SNIPPET_HTML_V2.TXT
Tweet