Reviews!

To any authors/publishers/ tour companies that are looking for the reviews that I signed up for please know this is very hard to do. I will be stopping reviews temporarily. My husband passed away February 1st and my new normal is a bit scary right now and I am unable to concentrate on a book to do justice to the book and authors. I will still do spotlight posts if you wish it is just the reviews at this time. I apologize for this, but it isn't fair to you if I signed up to do a review and haven't been able to because I can't concentrate on any books. Thank you for your understanding during this difficult time. I appreciate all of you. Kathleen Kelly April 2nd 2024

21 November 2014

Want You Dead by Peter James Review!


  • Paperback
  • Language: English
  • ISBN-10: 1447203194
  • ISBN-13: 978-1447203193

The tenth novel in the award-winning Detective Superintendent Roy Grace crime series.

 If he can’t have her, then nobody can…   
Single girl, 29, redhead and smouldering, love life that's crashed and burned. Seeks new flame to rekindle her fire. Fun, friendship, and - who knows - maybe more?
When Red Westwood meets handsome, charming and rich Bryce Laurent through an online dating agency, there is an instant attraction. But as their love blossoms, the truth about his past, and his dark side, begins to emerge. Everything he has told Red about himself turns out to be a tissue of lies, and her infatuation with him gradually turns to terror.
Within a year, and under police protection, she evicts him from her flat and her life. But Red's nightmare is only just beginning. For Bryce is obsessed with her, and he intends to destroy everything and everyone she has known and loved - and then her too…
- See more about Peter James

My Thoughts

Want you dead is the 10th book in the Detective Superintendent Roy Grace novels. The creepy deeply disturbed person in this mystery novel is a man by the name of Bryce Laurent, one of his many aliases. This dude is the creepiest of the creepy.  He is the ex boyfriend of Red Westwood. She dumped him after he started becoming overly obsessive and physically abusive and she found that everything he told her is a lie. 

Feeling that she did the right thing in kicking him out of her flat, she is unprepared for the terror that is to follow. Bryce is a narcissistic psychopath who will get his revenge no matter who is in his way. An expert in pyrotechnics and a self proclaimed magician that uses his talents to torment. As each page is turned the suspense notches up just a little bit more until the reader gets to the point that putting the book down is not an option. 

This book and series should be on your list of books to read, if you love a story that has twists and turns, believable characters and a plot that is all too true. Physical,mental abuse and stalking between men and women is unfortunately all too real in our world. I imagine that writing such a topic can be very difficult but I think that Peter James did a wonderful job in telling Red's story. The ending was a bit vague but I imagine that it will be continued in the next book.

I was immediately immersed in this story and it drew me in until the last page. I highly recommend this book/series.

I received a copy of the book for review and was not monetarily compensated for my review. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

AddToAny

View My Stats!

View My Stats

Pageviews past week

SNIPPET_HTML_V2.TXT
Tweet