Reviews!

To any authors/publishers/ tour companies that are looking for the reviews that I signed up for please know this is very hard to do. I will be stopping reviews temporarily. My husband passed away February 1st and my new normal is a bit scary right now and I am unable to concentrate on a book to do justice to the book and authors. I will still do spotlight posts if you wish it is just the reviews at this time. I apologize for this, but it isn't fair to you if I signed up to do a review and haven't been able to because I can't concentrate on any books. Thank you for your understanding during this difficult time. I appreciate all of you. Kathleen Kelly April 2nd 2024

10 January 2015

A Life of Death by Weston Kincade Review!



A Life of Death, Book One:

Alex Drummond is a troubled high school senior with a checkered past, a broken home, and a surprising ability. When he touches items that murder victims held in their final moments, Alex relives the events in gruesome detail, seeing what they saw, thinking their thoughts, and even feeling what they felt. But who will believe a troubled teen, especially when the murders are so close to home and might reveal skeletons hidden for hundreds of years?

Join Alex as he struggles to find his destiny, understand love, solve the mysterious murders within his small home town, and speak for victims who can no longer speak for themselves.

Official Author Bio:

Weston Kincade is the author and editor of the science-fiction/dark fantasy series Altered Realities, the paranormal coming-of-age mystery A Life of Death, and co-author and editor of Strange Circumstances, a short story anthology about twists of fate. Some of Mr. Kincade's short stories, including "Prison Torment" and "House Al-Amin," have been featured in separate short story anthologies by Thadd Presley Presents. Weston is currently working on the sequels in his series and a few new books. To find out more about Mr. Kincade and his work, visit http://www.kincadefiction.blogspot.com.


Book Links:

Author Links:

Twitter - @WestonKincade


The question that is asked of Alex Drummond by his son is "Dad, I need to know the most important thing that ever happened to you. Was there ever anything that changed your life that much?"  Alex starts telling his son about his senior year in high school, the year that changed everything for him and made him become who he was now. He is a homicide detective that overcame that horrible year.

Alex started having nightmares about dead people. Frightening in itself, Alex thought he was going crazy and was determined to find out what was happening and why. He was able to touch objects and relive a persons death. His father had died in a terrible car accident and his mother remarried an abusive man. The only person he still felt close to was his father. He goes daily to the cemetery to talk to his father. As he has more nightmares, he confides in his close friend Paige. Together they must find out why Alex is having these terrible visions. 

This is a coming of age story about a young man whose life is anything but easy, just trying to get through the only way he can. He is tormented by these visions and wants to lay these dreams to rest. A story that I was at first apprehensive about, I think the cover of the book threw me off a bit, yes I am a person who judges a book by it's cover, but I stuck with it and I was very glad I did. The story is suspenseful with strong and likeable characters, some not so likeable. I loved the paranormal aspect, I can not imagine what it would be like to relive a person's most intimate moment, their death if it were possible. The author's writing enabled me to have real empathy for Alex and his home life situation. When an author can make the reader feel emotion for the characters, then in my book it is because the author knows how to tell a tale. I highly recommend it!

I received a copy for review from the author and was not monetarily compensated for my review.


No comments:

Post a Comment

AddToAny

View My Stats!

View My Stats

Pageviews past week

SNIPPET_HTML_V2.TXT
Tweet