Reviews!

To any authors/publishers/ tour companies that are looking for the reviews that I signed up for please know this is very hard to do. I will be stopping reviews temporarily. My husband passed away February 1st and my new normal is a bit scary right now and I am unable to concentrate on a book to do justice to the book and authors. I will still do spotlight posts if you wish it is just the reviews at this time. I apologize for this, but it isn't fair to you if I signed up to do a review and haven't been able to because I can't concentrate on any books. Thank you for your understanding during this difficult time. I appreciate all of you. Kathleen Kelly April 2nd 2024

27 April 2015

The Australian by Lesley Young Virtual Book Tour!

The Australian (#2 Crime Royalty Romance)

     Fall in love with an unforgettable female heroine!
     Lose yourself in multiple plot twists!
     Take a trip down under for only $2.99!
Charlie Sykes takes everything and everyone at face value, and believes life would be a lot easier if everyone else did, too. Jace Knight, international Aussie hotelier and purported playboy, has never met anyone like the absurdly literal and obliviously beautiful American who applies to his personal assistant position. The trouble is, how do you seduce a woman whose definition of flirting comes straight out of the Merriam-Webster Dictionary? That, and he’s not the only one after Charlie. Seems Mr. Knight may not be a reformed criminal after all. Charlie soon finds herself caught up in a whirlwind of dangerous international espionage that takes her from the hip streets of Sydney to the majestic Great Barrier Reef and the wild, desolate outback. A terrible trap’s being laid, but how will Charlie protect herself and prevent a devastating betrayal when she can’t even sort out what her heart’s telling her?
Excerpt — The Australian, by Lesley Young
 When I heard men’s voices and women’s laughter an hour or so later, at 12:30 a.m., I quickly turned off the light and rolled over, my heart beating so loud I thought it might burst.
The bedroom door opened and closed quietly.
He was back. I could barely think straight. What was wrong with me? It was worse than the second grade spring blossom play when all I was supposed to say was part of a poem, “violets are blue,” and instead, peed my pants.
The clang of a belt buckle. Clothes rustling. Static buzz (in my head). When the bed depressed suddenly, I inhaled loudly.
“You’re awake, Miss Sykes.”
Having blundered my attempt to pretend to be asleep, I was forced to concede the truth. But first, I needed to return from panic station.
“Yes,” I uttered, regulating my breathing and my mind.
He turned on the light on his side of the bed, and I rolled over. I observed him swing his bare, strong legs up and under the top sheet, and lean back halfway upright against pillows. He was wearing underwear, only, and I was horrified to see my employer in such a state of undress . . . and yet, at the same time, beyond exalted to be lying beside a man in such intimate repose.
I could not reconcile the two experiences.
When our eyes met, my heart hitched up to hummingbird speed.
I could not steady myself.
“Howya holding up?” he asked quietly, staring down at me.
“Fine.” I chose to lie.
“Why aren’t you asleep then?”
Propping myself up awkwardly on one elbow, I stared at the black soft hair peeking out of his armpit. I felt the hair on his leg brush my thigh under the sheet.
Oh yes. Why wasn’t I asleep? What could I answer? Because my body was in a fever pitch of need. Base, biological yearning, mysterious, inexplicable attraction.
Moistness. Hunger. Salivation.
I stared up at him, and was unable to say a word. In that moment, I saw into his eyes and it was clear he was not intending to take advantage of our unusual situation—he appeared blank. Indifferent.
Not a word came to mind. I just kept staring up into those large ebony eyes that were staring back down on me.
“Don’t look at me like that, Miss Sykes. Not if you know what’s good for ya,” he finally murmured through gritted teeth.


Lesley Young Biography
Lesley Young is a genre-defying author of unforgettable heroines who experience thrilling life- and love-altering journeys. Her debut novel was Sky's End; her most recent stand-alone series, Crime Royalty Romance, includes The Frenchman and The Australian. She loves to hear from readers. Follow her at Facebook.com/LesleyYoungBooks, @LesleyYoungBks and lesleyyoungbooks.com/blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment

AddToAny

View My Stats!

View My Stats

Pageviews past week

SNIPPET_HTML_V2.TXT
Tweet