Reviews!

To any authors/publishers/ tour companies that are looking for the reviews that I signed up for please know this is very hard to do. I will be stopping reviews temporarily. My husband passed away February 1st and my new normal is a bit scary right now and I am unable to concentrate on a book to do justice to the book and authors. I will still do spotlight posts if you wish it is just the reviews at this time. I apologize for this, but it isn't fair to you if I signed up to do a review and haven't been able to because I can't concentrate on any books. Thank you for your understanding during this difficult time. I appreciate all of you. Kathleen Kelly April 2nd 2024

22 July 2015

Midori Spring Ceremonial (Emerald) Matcha Review! #midorispring




A bit about Matcha Tea

  • Matcha Tea is packed with antioxidants including the powerful EGCg
  • Boosts metabolism and burns calories
  • Detoxifies effectively and naturally
  • Calms the mind and relaxes the body
  • Is rich in fiber, chlorophyll and vitamins
  • Enhances mood and aids in concentration
  • Provides vitamin C, selenium, chromium, zinc and magnesium
  • Prevents disease
  • Lowers cholesterol and blood sugar
My Thoughts 

"Our Emerald Class Organic Matcha is rich in antioxidants, with greater than 137x the EGCG levels that of regular steeped tea. Organic Matcha has been shown to help (1) Increase energy levels (2) Help reduce stress and improve mental alertness (3) Support metabolism and help with weight loss (4) Support immune system and helps reduce inflammation. (5) Help the body cleanse of harmful elements."..

I started matcha tea last summer because I had read a lot about the benefits. Having diabetes, I have had to look at ways to lower my blood sugars. So life style change for this gal, diet, exercise, portion control and no binge eating. Doing all of this I was able to lose 65 lbs, along with oral meds of course helped. But all of that combined I was able to get off the insulin, hopefully I can stay off of it. 

Last summer when I noticed the health benefits of matcha tea, I ordered some black matcha tea. I started drinking it in the form of a smoothie, then put it into soy milk and whipped it up into a drink and had it over ice for a nice summer drink. I loved it and had my daughter try it and we both still drink it. 

So I was offered a tin of Midori Spring Ceremonial (Emerald) Matcha tea for review and since I wanted to try the green matcha, I was happy to say yes. Now the first thing I noticed upon opening the tin was the beautiful green color and the smell was a very grassy aroma. So I did the same thing with the green tea that I did with the black and I was surprised at the totally different flavor. A slightly sweet, vegetal flavor. The best way is to have it the ceremonial way (see below for directions) and I have tried it that way and loved it. But to get the benefits that I need I mix it in with my morning smoothie or juice. It will generally mix well in a smoothie but you can not put it in cold juice. You need to mix it in with a bit of hot water then add to juice. It will change the flavor and turn the juice an earthy green color. 

There are so many ways to use matcha tea, you can add it into almost anything you bake or cook. I have used it in cakes, breads and cookies. So very versatile. Back to the health benefits, I found that drinking matcha tea daily has seemed to help with my blood sugar numbers, again this is not a cure by any means, but it can't hurt. 

I received a tin (full size)  of Midori Spring Ceremonial (Emerald) Matcha tea for review and was not monetarily compensated for said review.

Cooking/Baking/Mixing With Recipes 
We have great recipes on our Midori Spring Website. The key is to add about 1 teaspoon of our Chef's Choice Matcha to any mix, blend when baking or cooking. 
Note that cooking with matcha, or applying heat, may turn the green vibrant powder into a dull brown. Which is why we recommend adding a dash of fresh matcha to your finished creation. Adding matcha powder to your finished creation is a good way to brighten up your dish while giving a delicious Green Tea flavor.



Brewing Matcha Tea
Here is an important guide on brewing matcha the right way:
Quick Method (For the casual drinkers)

What you need: Bowl or mug, Small Wire Whisk or Milk Frother, Teaspoon
1. Place 1/2 – 3/4 teaspoon of Midori Spring Matcha Powder in mug, try to remove clumps.
2. Pour 60mL/2oz of hot water (72-76°c, 162-169°f) into mug and whisk briskly in a “W” motion until fine foam appears. Can use a small wire whisk or milk frother.
3. Sip and Enjoy!



Traditional Method (For the adventurous)
What you need: Matcha Bowl (Chawan), Matcha Whisk (Chasen), BambooScoop (Chashaku), Small Sifter
1. Warm up matcha bowl and bamboo whisk. Place whisk in bowl and fill ¹/3 of bowl with hot water. Let it sit for 1 minute, discard water. Dry bowl with clean cloth or paper towel.
2. With the bamboo scoop place 2 scoops of Midori Spring Matcha through a small sifter into bowl to avoid clumping.
3. Pour 60mL/2oz of hot water (72-76°c, 162-169°f) into bowl and whisk briskly in a “W” motion until fine foam appears. The whisk should not scratch the bottom of the bowl.
4. Sip and Enjoy!




Midori Spring Brewing Chart
Brewing MethodMidori Spring MatchaWaterTemperatureTaste Profile
Traditional Midori0.5~1 tsp or 2 Chashaku scoops60mL/2oz72-76°c/162-169°fRich, full bodied, creamy, smooth, sweet
Medium Midori1/2~3/4 tsp or 1 Chashaku scoop80mL/2.7oz72-76°c/162-169°fSmooth, creamy, medium sweetness
Sweet Midori1/2~3/4 tsp or 1 Chashaku scoop90mL/3oz68-72°c/154-162°fLight, very smooth, hint of sweetness
**Tips, the amount of Matcha and water can be adjusted depending on your taste preference.**

Take a look at the following recipe at Midori Spring



Midori Spring EXTRA SOFT CHOCOLATE CHIP MATCHA COOKIE Recipe



  • #midorispring

No comments:

Post a Comment

AddToAny

View My Stats!

View My Stats

Pageviews past week

SNIPPET_HTML_V2.TXT
Tweet