Reviews!

To any authors/publishers/ tour companies that are looking for the reviews that I signed up for please know this is very hard to do. I will be stopping reviews temporarily. My husband passed away February 1st and my new normal is a bit scary right now and I am unable to concentrate on a book to do justice to the book and authors. I will still do spotlight posts if you wish it is just the reviews at this time. I apologize for this, but it isn't fair to you if I signed up to do a review and haven't been able to because I can't concentrate on any books. Thank you for your understanding during this difficult time. I appreciate all of you. Kathleen Kelly April 2nd 2024

02 August 2015

Eeny Meeny by M.J. Arlidge #EenyMeeny Review!!


The Book
The "dark, twisted, thought-provoking" (#1 New York Times bestseller Tami Hoag) international bestseller—first in the new series featuring Detective Helen Grace.

Two people are abducted, imprisoned, and left with a gun. As hunger and thirst set in, only one walks away alive.

It’s a game more twisted than any Detective Helen Grace has ever seen. If she hadn’t spoken with the shattered survivors herself, she almost wouldn’t believe them.

Helen is familiar with the dark sides of human nature, including her own, but this case—with its seemingly random victims—has her baffled. But as more people go missing, nothing will be more terrifying than when it all starts making sense....



The Author
M.J. Arlidge has worked in television for the last 15 years, specializing in high-end drama production. Arlidge has produced a number of prime-time crime serials for ITV In the last five years, and is currently working on a major adaptation of The Last of the Mohicans for the BBC.



My Thoughts
"Sam is asleep, I could kill him now. His face is turned from me-It wouldn't be hard. Would he stir if I moved? Try to stop me? Or would he just be glad that this nightmare was over?"

So, did that grab you? It did me too. These first few lines of Eeny Meeny had me thinking, ok, now why would this person say that? Well, as it turns out, this woman and her boyfriend wake up in a covered, empty swimming pool, not sure how they got there. After they wake up, they receive a phone call, on the phone left with them next to a gun. Their instructions are simple, one of you must die. After the deed is done, the person left alive is let go. 

Detective Helen Grace is a flawed individual, lots of baggage from her past keeps her from having any relationships, but in spite of that she is a good cop. As a survivor herself, she can sympathize with the people who come in and tell their bizarre story of their abduction. As time goes by, there are more couples abducted and held prisoner without food or water until one of them kills the other. 

What is the motive behind this, well that is what Helen has to figure out along with her team. Alongside that there is a reporter who hounds Helen for the story, then someone leaks details to the press, details that only the police know. This , of course, leads Helen to believe that someone on the inside is the one leaking the details. It comes down to Helen being suspicious of a close co-worker. Can she figure out who and why these crimes are being committed, it is a race against the killer, before he or she abducts more innocent people.

I love a good crime novel and this one was no exception, believable characters, an interesting plot all make for an edge of your seat thriller. I am glad to see that this is going to be a series because I am curious to see if Helen can conquer her own demons. I thoroughly enjoyed the story and recommended it for the reader who likes a well-told story.

I received this book for review and was not monetarily compensated for my thoughts.



No comments:

Post a Comment

AddToAny

View My Stats!

View My Stats

Pageviews past week

SNIPPET_HTML_V2.TXT
Tweet