Reviews!

To any authors/publishers/ tour companies that are looking for the reviews that I signed up for please know this is very hard to do. I will be stopping reviews temporarily. My husband passed away February 1st and my new normal is a bit scary right now and I am unable to concentrate on a book to do justice to the book and authors. I will still do spotlight posts if you wish it is just the reviews at this time. I apologize for this, but it isn't fair to you if I signed up to do a review and haven't been able to because I can't concentrate on any books. Thank you for your understanding during this difficult time. I appreciate all of you. Kathleen Kelly April 2nd 2024

30 January 2016

Founding Father by Ken Metz


Book Title: FOUNDING FATHER
Author: Ken Metz
Genre: historical fiction

Author's Website And Purchase Link: thefoundingfather.com
FOUNDING FATHER is a historical fiction set in 1801's Richmond, Virginia, where one of the founding fathers of our young nation, George Wythe, finds his fine-woven, Old South existence starting to unravel at the hands of treacherous political enemies, conspiring in-laws and outlaws, and several seductive Southern belles.

It has been 25 years since Wythe was a signer of the Declaration of Independence and 13 years since he was a delegate to the United States Constitutional Convention. He, the mentor to two U.S. presidents (Jefferson and Monroe) and to the Chief Justice of the U. S. Supreme Court (John Marshall), has reached a point in his illustrious career where he can rest on his laurels. So, George and his wife retreat to the sanctum sanctorum of their manor house among the gentry in the genteel City on the James.

But Lady Luck and Lady Karma sling sand into the machine of Squire Walker's comfortable, Old South paradise. Throwing grit into his squiredom's ordinarily hum drum, friction-less machinery is a villainous arch-rival, who crosses swords with the "founding father," a no-account nephew, who manipulates his Uncle George's bank account, a dancing girl, who quickens George's pulse to a fever pitch, and a femme fatale, who tempts the founding father.Upon the death of George's wife, the ravishing 23 year old slave girl, Lydia, becomes the only female in Wythe's 5th and Grace Street mansion to do her master's bidding.

George wrestles with his desire to remain faithful to his deceased wife, to maintain his obedience to the code of the Old South, and to refrain from exploitation of the young Lydia, all of that versus his carnal desire for the girl.

Lydia struggles with her perceived subservient role versus her desire for the wealthy master to liberate her two, young, estranged sons from bondage.

Will George and Lydia lead each other into temptation? Can anyone deliver them from evil?

On page 60, the dying Mrs. Wythe speaks to her sister, Julia, about George Wythe: 
“I shall die, Julia, George shall live. You shall live. I see it as clearly as I have ever seen anything in my life...I suggest that after the two of you bury me, that you wait a respectable time, of course, then marry, and allow nature to run it course. I might not be able to be a mother to George’s child, but at least I would be the child’s aunt.”



Author Bio: 
Born James Kenneth Metz 1940, B.S. degree in biology, M.S. degree in geology. 75 year old retired high school science teacher. Father of three, grandfather of seven, great-grandfather of one. Had not written a word of history or dialog until this, his first novel. Even more than his love of the year of researching for the story and the year of writing FOUNDING FATHER is his love of promoting the book and telling people about the story. 

Author's Website And Purchase Link: thefoundingfather.com


No comments:

Post a Comment

AddToAny

View My Stats!

View My Stats

Pageviews past week

SNIPPET_HTML_V2.TXT
Tweet