Reviews!

To any authors/publishers/ tour companies that are looking for the reviews that I signed up for please know this is very hard to do. I will be stopping reviews temporarily. My husband passed away February 1st and my new normal is a bit scary right now and I am unable to concentrate on a book to do justice to the book and authors. I will still do spotlight posts if you wish it is just the reviews at this time. I apologize for this, but it isn't fair to you if I signed up to do a review and haven't been able to because I can't concentrate on any books. Thank you for your understanding during this difficult time. I appreciate all of you. Kathleen Kelly April 2nd 2024

03 March 2016

Middle Grade Olivia Brophie Series by Christopher Tozier Spotlight!



OLIVIA BROPHIE AND THE PEARL OF TAGELUS

Olivia Brophie feels betrayed. She hasn’t heard from her mom, who’s serving in the Army in Iraq. And for no reason, her dad sent her to live with her crazy aunt and uncle in the middle of nowhere-the Florida scrub. It seems boring till bears follow her to school, coral snakes leave her gifts, and tree frogs start writing cryptic messages on her bedroom window.

Olivia is fascinated by giant insect walkingsticks that her uncle tenderly protects. He turns out to be crazier than she thought with wild ideas about a mysterious device that controls the laws of the universe. He doesn’t know the half of it.

Along with Doug, a local eco-nerd genius, and Gnat, her videogame obsessed little brother, Olivia discovers a vast underworld city that holds the secrets of history as well as the way to the future. With the forces of evil at her heels, she finds a brilliant pearl and must use its powers to discover her life’s ultimate destiny.



OLIVIA BROPHIE AND THE SKY ISLAND

Olivia’s life is in turmoil ever since she accidentally froze all of the world’s water and her aunt and uncle were kidnapped by the Wardenclyffe thugs. With the help of a black bear named Hoolie, she must travel across America to reverse the damage she has caused. Hungry and wounded, she stumbles into a secret valley invisible to the outside world. There, she encounters an ancient civilization that has no intention of letting her leave.

In the meantime, Doug and Gnat are drawn deeper into the world of Junonia, the mysterious city built in the aquifer beneath Florida. As Doug works diligently to scientifically document the discovery of giant tardigrades, he meets his old nemesis, a bully who manages to start a war among the tribes of the aquifer. Caught in an epic battle, Doug must find a way to save himself, Gnat, and the bully who doesn’t want his help
.


The Author
I was born in Dothan, Alabama but early in my childhood my family moved to moose country in Millinocket, Maine. I also grew up in Ridgebury, CT, Wisconsin Rapids, WI, and Cape Elizabeth, ME. I lived a decade in Madison, Wisconsin where I graduated from the University of Wisconsin with a BS in English and Creative Writing. After a short stint working in a property appraiser's office, my Information Technology career took off. I subsequently lived in Gainesville, Lutz, and Middleburg, Florida. 

Today, I'm happy living in the unincorporated sandpine scrub between Cassia and Paisley, in Central Florida. You might have trouble finding me out here, but I can be seen running barefoot along the roads or watching the black bears that live around here. I also enjoy travelling, snorkeling, hiking, vegetarian food, and spending time with my beautiful wife and four dachshunds. 

Of course, I also love to read. I was the nerdy kid who read every book in the library. I was also very fond of entomology and made a habit of returning home with every insect I could get my hands on. Luckily, as an adult, I still pursue both of these interests. 

The Olivia Brophie series is well on its way. Join the growing number of fans now so you can say you were there in the early years! 

Worlds Around Us is an eighty-page curriculum that blends language arts and science lessons for teaching Olivia Brophie and the Pearl of Tagelus in your 3-6th grade classroom. There are plenty of contributions from scientists and teachers from all over the world. 


2 comments:

  1. Thank you for the spotlight on the Olivia Brophie series! It looks great and I've enjoyed discovering your site. Happy reading!
    Chris

    ReplyDelete

AddToAny

View My Stats!

View My Stats

Pageviews past week

SNIPPET_HTML_V2.TXT
Tweet