Reviews!

To any authors/publishers/ tour companies that are looking for the reviews that I signed up for please know this is very hard to do. I will be stopping reviews temporarily. My husband passed away February 1st and my new normal is a bit scary right now and I am unable to concentrate on a book to do justice to the book and authors. I will still do spotlight posts if you wish it is just the reviews at this time. I apologize for this, but it isn't fair to you if I signed up to do a review and haven't been able to because I can't concentrate on any books. Thank you for your understanding during this difficult time. I appreciate all of you. Kathleen Kelly April 2nd 2024

21 July 2016

Demon's Web by Laura Hawks Spotlight!



About the Book

Mel and Clarissa built the perfect life after the destruction of the Gem of Avarice. However, they quickly learn perfect lives are easily disrupted, especially by their antagonists.
When their daughter, Trinity is kidnapped and their son, Logan moves away shortly after, Clarissa feels like her world is falling apart... once again.
It isn't until startling revelations from Logan and his girlfriend are unveiled that Clarissa and Mel are led down an unexpected path involving the mysteries of the Gem. In time, their enemies of the past are trapped within their own tangled webs of deceit.
While Mel handles his daughter's kidnapper, Clarissa alone, will have to risk everything including her very own life, in order to protect her children.




Author Bio:  

     Ms. Hawks  has always been interested in writing in some form or other. A few years back, she was involved with and then ran a Star Trek Interactive Writing Group which was successful for a number of years. Yes, she is a trekker and proud of it.
     She has directed tours around the country and continues to do so to pay the bills. Maybe one day, she can travel for fun and let the books she writes pay the bills instead. She can only hope.
      A few years back, she received her Master’s Degree in Ancient Civilizations, Native American History and United States History. It was at this time she got involved in role playing on FaceBook, which gave her ample opportunities to grow and hone her writing ability.Taking the leap forward, she decided to try her hand at writing a novel. That novel is entitled Demon’s Kiss.

      Ms. Hawks attends several science fiction conventions in the Mid-West and writers/Romance conventions around the country. Check the Calendar for her next appearances. She is available for panels, book signings and appearances.Please keep checking back to see what is going on with her and the books she gets published.



Excerpt:

We, Jaz and I, only found out last night. She wanted me to know it was why
she hadn’t visited me here or met either of you. It’s not that she didn’t want to, it was just she
couldn’t and hadn’t told me why before.” He turned to Jaz. “I think it was her way of letting us
know she was okay with us. Or maybe it was an apology. Again, I am not really sure. I’m just
glad she finally told us. Anyways, that is why we have to go to her instead of her coming to us.”
“I’m not sure I like the idea of going anywhere called the Nether Realm. What if I get
stuck there?”
Logan snorted softly. “You won’t, baby. You used to visit my mother’s garden and me
often. Besides, I won’t let anything more happen to you. I should have never let you leave alone
last night. I should have stayed with you. Maybe if I had, none of this would be happening now.
Can you ever forgive me?”
Jasmine moved over to him. “There is nothing to forgive. I have a feeling I am pretty
stubborn when I want to be. If I left alone because I wanted you to have more time with your
family, I doubt there would have been anything to stop me from leaving alone.” She moved
around the kitchen and poured herself a cup of chicory coffee, inhaling the rich, aromatic scent
before cautiously taking a sip of the velvety rich beverage.
“Hah. You are so right. Always have been,” Tyler readily agreed, then looked up as he
sensed an approach to the door. “Your grandmother has arrived. You ready to go?”
“Mostly. Why can’t you come again?”
“Because I’m not welcome there,” Tyler replied as he moved to open the door for
Archanidou before she ever had the chance to knock.
“Because you are human or because you are alive?” Jaz questioned as she watched him
move to the door. She was surprised when she saw Archanidou moving towards the steps. She
knew he said she was here, but how did he know?
Spiderwoman glided in, greeting the three of them with a “Blissful morning.”
Tyler shut the door behind her and responded to Jaz’s question. “I’m alive, but it’s not the
reason I am not welcome there. I cannot go because of a truce the realm I come from has with
the Nether Realm. We stay out of each other’s territory.”
“So you are not human?” Jaz asked, astounded, though considering all the revelations of
the past few minutes, she really shouldn’t have been. Yet, somehow she felt like Alice who fell
through the looking glass to a world which was topsyturvy
from what it should be.
Tyler shook his head. “No.”
“What are you, then?”
Tyler looked at Archanidou, almost as if asking permission to tell her. Archanidou
nodded to him and waited.
“I am Fae.”
Silence.
“What is that? Like a fairy?”
“Yes.”
“Where are your wings?”
“They can only be seen in my realm.”
Silence.
“Can you fly?”
“Only in my realm.”
“What realm are you from? What is it called?”
“Faefardom.”
Silence.
“How did we meet?”
Again, Tyler looked over at Archanidou who answered for him. “You were born there.
That is where my daughter, your mother, Fern, laid you.”
“Laid me?”
“You are my child’s child,” Archanidou said patiently. “Spiders lay eggs. And it is
because of the egg that you are so sought after, which is why you live in a warded house, and
why you grew up in Faefardom. It was to protect you.”
“Protect me from what? This is all so confusing.” Jaz rubbed her forehead. “Does this
have anything to do with Logan’s mom?”

No comments:

Post a Comment

AddToAny

View My Stats!

View My Stats

Pageviews past week

SNIPPET_HTML_V2.TXT
Tweet