Reviews!

To any authors/publishers/ tour companies that are looking for the reviews that I signed up for please know this is very hard to do. I will be stopping reviews temporarily. My husband passed away February 1st and my new normal is a bit scary right now and I am unable to concentrate on a book to do justice to the book and authors. I will still do spotlight posts if you wish it is just the reviews at this time. I apologize for this, but it isn't fair to you if I signed up to do a review and haven't been able to because I can't concentrate on any books. Thank you for your understanding during this difficult time. I appreciate all of you. Kathleen Kelly April 2nd 2024

16 September 2016

@lovingthebook @LoraDeeprose The Still Life of Hannah Morgan by Lora Deeprose Book Tour!






Hannah Morgan's life is at a standstill. Her dreams of becoming an artist vanished with the sudden death of her grandmother and mentor. To appease her distant and disapproving mother, Hannah gets a respectable job at a high-end day spa.
 Instead of painting masterpieces, Hannah spends her days painting nails and giving facials to wealthy women. Her dreams for the future have become a hideous nightmare. And it just keeps getting worse. She catches her boyfriend cheating, loses her job, and has to watch from the sidelines as her best friend, Jasmine Blue, goes after her own dreams of owning her own salon.
 Then she meets Aaron, a working artist, and finds in him a kindred spirit. And, to her surprise, she finds the courage to follow her dreams. When circumstances beyond her control threaten to destroy both her relationship with Aaron and her dreams of a bright future, Hannah fears her mother was right-that some dreams aren't meant to come true.














“As a small child I dreamed of growing up to be a chestnut mare. I was terribly disappointed when I found out people couldn’t magically transform into animals but I got over it by immersing myself in the world of fairy tales and thus began my lifelong passion for reading and make-believe.”


Lora Deeprose has a B.A. in Drama with a minor in History. She was born in the small town of Fort Saskatchewan, Alberta; the middle child of five girls.  In 2006, she and her eldest sister moved to a hobby farm in the remote Kootenay area of British Columbia and for five years had several country adventures which included raising chickens and goats, encounters with wildlife and wrangling the neighbour’s horses. Currently she lives in BC’s Eastern Fraser Valley.



Connect with the Author here: 




Character Casting
Hannah Morgan: Emma Watson
Jasmine Blue: Jennifer Lawrence
Aaron: Eddie Redmayne
Christian: Armie Hammer

Read an excerpt! 
I glanced up as a man took a seat across from me, catching the barest whiff of his cologne when he walked by.  It wasn’t an overpowering smell; it was, well, yummy.  I took a deep breath.  The scent reminded me of a forest of ancient cedars, of lush green plants, and sunshine.
I stole a quick look at his face.  My breath caught in my throat as I looked into a pair of the most gentle brown eyes I had ever seen.  Little jolts of electricity shivered up my spine.  Without even thinking about it, I smiled at him.  The eyes staring back at me crinkled deliciously and he smiled back.
I caught myself staring at his lips.  I looked down at the magazine in my lap.  I flipped through the glossy pages, but my mind wasn’t registering what the images were, much less the actual words.
Oh my God, he looks as delicious as he smells.
I wanted to look at him again, to take him all in, but I was nervous.  Nervous and stupid.  He just smiled to be polite, and I acted like some giggly schoolgirl.  I couldn’t help myself; I stole another quick glance at him anyway.  He had sandy blond hair, high cheekbones, and an aquiline nose that would have made him look too haughty if it were not for his eyes.  A girl could definitely get lost in those eyes.
“Hi,” he said.
“Hi,” I mumbled back.
“We’re ready for you now.”  The shampoo girl approached from behind me.
Startled, I dropped the magazine on the floor.  I stood up feeling like an idiot.  Yummy Man reached down and retrieved the magazine from the floor.
“Here you go.”  He held the magazine out for me to take.
I couldn’t think of anything witty to say so I just smiled, took the magazine, and let the shampoo girl lead me over to the sinks.  I focused all my energy on looking nonchalant as I walked to the shampoo chair, hoping my legs wouldn’t give way before I sat down.
Hannah get a grip, an attractive man smiles and says hello, and you turn into a brainless twit.
I pretended not to notice the sly smile on the shampoo girl’s face.  Instead, I leaned back and closed my eyes, enjoying the feel of the hot spray on my head.

The intensity of his focus on the image and the pure, charismatic energy he exuded captivated me.  I stared at him while he continued to tell the story, his focus still on the photo.
His dark, wavy hair just brushed his shoulders, and unlike Yummy Man, Aaron had a five o’clock shadow that accentuated his strong jaw.  He was average height with a long, lean frame.  I could tell he definitely didn’t spend hours in the gym lifting weights, but he was in no way a wimp, judging by the way that his sweater pulled nicely over the curve of his bicep when he raised his arm to gesture at the photo.
Where were all these good-looking men when I started dating Mason, and why were they all popping out of the woodwork today?  Things were definitely starting to look up.  Maybe my life and my luck were taking a turn for the better.  I felt a giddy impulse to start humming “It’s Raining Men” when Aaron suddenly turned his gaze on me.  His eyes were a very pale blue, almost a silvery colour.


To view our blog schedule and follow along with this tour visit our Official Event page 




Found on the Author’s Youtube site here: http://ow.ly/FA55303HraV


Hosted By

No comments:

Post a Comment

AddToAny

View My Stats!

View My Stats

Pageviews past week

SNIPPET_HTML_V2.TXT
Tweet