Reviews!

To any authors/publishers/ tour companies that are looking for the reviews that I signed up for please know this is very hard to do. I will be stopping reviews temporarily. My husband passed away February 1st and my new normal is a bit scary right now and I am unable to concentrate on a book to do justice to the book and authors. I will still do spotlight posts if you wish it is just the reviews at this time. I apologize for this, but it isn't fair to you if I signed up to do a review and haven't been able to because I can't concentrate on any books. Thank you for your understanding during this difficult time. I appreciate all of you. Kathleen Kelly April 2nd 2024

28 April 2017

A Mortal Indiscretion:Author's Cut Barbra E. Ross Book Tour and Giveaway!

Book Cover
A Man. A Vampire. A love story.
A MORTAL INDISCRETION: AUTHOR'S CUT
Barbra E. Ross
Genre: Paranormal Romance, Suspense
Publication Date: April 27, 2016
One night changed everything for bachelor Justin Bertolli. A womanizer at heart, never quite ready to settle down, he meets the woman who would change his life forever. Ambra Taylor is that woman, but is she all that Justin bargained for?
Told from a male protagonist point of view, A Mortal Indiscretion delivers wholly unique narratives that don’t succumb to the same old recycled concepts. Everything unravels in Justin’s world. Although Ambra is a vampire, she is the vulnerable one of the two characters, providing a refreshing twist on standard tales. She is not waiting for her prince to come save her on his white horse. She simply desires love, to feel human love again and will do anything to protect the love of Justin.
When Justin discovers the truth about who and what she is, will he still love her? Will he still want her? Find out, as their hearts collide in this epic tale of love.
Fabulous book. Out of the ordinary and unusual love story/vampire book. Very well written and a big read which had my attention from the beginning. Love the characters and plot. Was juicy, exciting and hated to put down. Wanted to keep reading and reading but didn't want the story to end.
- Lettyann Weber, Amazon Reviewer
I have just finished reading this book and I loved it. I was completely captivated by the whole story ... The skill of the writer was her ability to make you feel that you were actually watching their romance unfold opposed to reading about it. ... If you love a brilliant romance twists and turns along the way, then this is an absolute must read . . . you won't be disappointed.
- Joy Wood, Amazon Reviewer


Excerpt 2 from Chapter One



   We were led to a table back in a dimly lit corner. I was glad. I wanted no interruptions.  The waiter came and poured our waters. I was watching her every move. She took the menu and opened it. I did mine and looked over it at her. Her eyes were scanning the menu and I just watched her. The waiter asked what we wanted to start with.
  “I’ll take a soda,” I told him.
  “And for the lady,” he inquired.
  She placed the menu down and looked into my eyes.
  “Him,” she stated, plainly.
  “Pardon me,” the waiter tried to clarify.
   I stared at her, stunned by her words.
   “The same for the lady,” I answered quickly, not looking his way. He left us, shaking his head.
   Her scent filled the air. I reached out my hands and she took them.
   “What is your name,” I asked softly, loving the look of her eyes over the glow of the candle on the table.
   “Ambra,” she answered.
   “Ambra,” I repeated.
    She smiled and let out a soft laugh. Her hands were so soft in mine.
   “I have been thinking about what happened the night we met, it was very…” I started.
  “Intense,” she finished. “I cannot forget it either. I did not plan on that happening.” She had a slight English accent.
   “I know, right? I…I have never done it…. I mean… done that… before…either,” I added. I shook my head; I had never tripped over my own words before.
   “Is your lady friend terribly hurt? I did not mean to cause such a commotion.”
   “Oh, you mean Racheal?” I snickered. “She was angry with me, but it’s ok. I mean, I have never done anything like that to her before. She is just someone I see on a casual basis,” I tried to explain.
   “So this Racheal, is she… is she committed to you?”
   “Committed?” I questioned.
   “Is she, are you two… how do you say it…seriously involved?”
   “No, no. She is not my girlfriend if that is what you mean,” I answered. I looked right in her eyes. “I don’t have anyone who is that close to me.”  I squeezed her hands. I wanted her to know I was interested in her.
  She became silent a moment. I felt a tinge of anxiety Maybe she thought I was lying. Or maybe she thought I was the biggest jerk on the planet. I spoke quickly.
  “Are you involved with someone?” I asked.
  She shook her head.
  “No. I do not have a lover,” she stated.
  I breathed a sigh of relief. How she could be single was beyond me. She was so fucking gorgeous.
  “Do you want one,” I blurted. I did not know what was wrong with me. “I’m sorry, what I mean is are…. are you looking for someone to…”
   “I want you to be my lover, Justin.” All she said. My mouth dropped, but I caught it and clamped up tight.
   The waiter came and placed our drinks on the table. He asked for our orders. I told him mine and she shook her head at him. I took a sip of water. I was speechless. No one had ever come right out and said that to me before.
   “I believe, that I am infatuated with you,” she continued. I took another gulp of water. I was suddenly wanting a drink. A good stiff drink. “I have tried to calm my desires about you, but I cannot. I have only thought of you since that evening. You are invading my every thought. It is quite amusing to me.”
  The waiter brought some bread sticks and I picked one up. I took a bite and could only stare at her. I absolutely did not know what to say. She was so forward, so honest. I liked it, but I didn’t know how to handle it. I had never been approached that way before. I usually laid down the lines. I was taken off guard.
  “Justin. Are you not going to speak to me? Have I said too much? Have I misspoken?”
 “Say it again. Say my name,” I found myself saying. It was her voice, like music saying my name.
  She smiled a little and whispered my name again. It sent warm shivers down my spine.
  “How do you know my name? I mean, how did you know how to find me,” I asked.
 “I am a little disconcerted, embarrassed…. I have followed you, that eve…” she began.
 “I am glad you did,” I said. I was letting it all out. Never done that before.
 “Well, I did. And I want an answer,” she said and I was confused.
  “I’m sorry. What was the question?”
  “Are you going to be my lover? Tonight?”

chase Links

Teaser

Other Books by the Author

Be sure to also check out the exciting sequel to A Mortal Indiscretion:
Book Cover
MARZIO'S REVENGE
What if you had to choose? Between existing, or losing the only reason you do exist?
The provocative sequel to A Mortal Indiscretion. Justin must meet and defeat his enemy if only to save his vampire wife, Ambra. But, can he sustain the pain and torture to make it through the hardest test of his immortal life?
Buy Link: Amazon | Books2Read
"Definitely the perfect sequel to A Mortal Indiscretion! Just like the first book, there were so many great twists and turns on every page!"
- moe fix it, Amazon reviewer

Giveaway

WIN $25 AMAZON GIFT CARD
Giveaway Graphic
Contest runs from April 27 - May 10, 2017.

About Barbra E. Ross

Author Pic
Barbra E Ross lives in Michigan and is a nurse by day, lover of fiction at night. When people ask me what my book is about, I pause a moment because it is not so simple to describe. It is a vampire romance, I say and then, I pray that doesn't scare them away. Because what are books really? I believe that books are a way to escape the daily routines of life.
I wanted to take an ordinary man and put him in fantastic situations. To bring a bit of fantasy down to reality. It is a love story at it's heart. If I can take the reader on a journey and give them a laugh, cry, or simply bring a smile to their face, then it is all worth it. This story helped me through rough times in my life, and I can only hope it will do the same for the reader.
Official website: http://barbraeross.com/
Social media links: Facebook | Twitter | Goodreads

Tour Schedule

Follow the book tour from April 27 - May 10, 2017.
Get sneak peaks, excerpts, fun facts and other never-before-published info on A Mortal Indiscretion.
Tour Graphic

In partnership with
Book Unleashed

No comments:

Post a Comment

AddToAny

View My Stats!

View My Stats

Pageviews past week

SNIPPET_HTML_V2.TXT
Tweet