Reviews!

To any authors/publishers/ tour companies that are looking for the reviews that I signed up for please know this is very hard to do. I will be stopping reviews temporarily. My husband passed away February 1st and my new normal is a bit scary right now and I am unable to concentrate on a book to do justice to the book and authors. I will still do spotlight posts if you wish it is just the reviews at this time. I apologize for this, but it isn't fair to you if I signed up to do a review and haven't been able to because I can't concentrate on any books. Thank you for your understanding during this difficult time. I appreciate all of you. Kathleen Kelly April 2nd 2024

22 June 2017

The House of Bloodstein: Mentralysis by Ren Garcia Book Tour and Giveaway!



They thought the episode with their cousin to the east, Lady Bloodstein, was over. They thought it was something to laugh about at the grand table in fond nostalgia.

But they were wrong. They were so wrong.
And Castle Blanchefort has fallen!

Lord Kabyl has lost everything: his wife, his kin, his family fortune, and his home. Castle Blanchefort, once a safe haven, is overrun with enemies seeking his blood.


In what follows, he must join forces with ancient enemies and with people who do not exist. He must treat with sinister, possibly untrustworthy gods and barter away his soul for urgently needed arcane help or face certain death at the hands of forgotten tyrants and their machinations from a bygone age.


And, how can a strange science known as Mentralysis, practiced in secret in the hidden places of the League, hold the key to ultimate victory?


What should have been obvious to Lord Kabyl from the start at last becomes crystal clear: Foolish is he who dares possess the Ultimate Object, for misery shall be his only reward.



~ Amazon ~ Amazon UK


Ren Garcia is a Science Fiction/Fantasy author and Texas native who grew up in western Ohio. He has been writing since before he could write, often scribbling alien lingo on any available wall or floor with assorted crayons. He attended The Ohio State University and majored in English Literature. Ren has been an avid lover of anything surreal since childhood, he also has a passion for caving, urban archeology and architecture. His highly imaginative "League of Elder" book series is published by Loconeal Publishing


Connect with the Author here: 

Facebook ~ Website ~ Amazon ~

Character Casting

 LORD KABYL OF BLANCHEFORT:
‘Kay’ is the eldest son of Lord Davage and Countess Sygillis of Blanchefort. Green-eyed, purple-haired, he is considered handsome like his father and beautiful like his mother. He is the next in line as lord of the House, and the de facto leader of ‘The Gang’ with his cousins Sarah and Phillip. Like his father, Kay has the Gift of Sight. His status as a ‘Shadow tech Male’ has altered his Sight, changing it to the ‘Dark Sight’, allowing him to see and interact with objects great distances away and into the past and future.

Not overly strong, Kay was never able to lift his father’s seventy-seven pound King CARG. He therefore forged a smaller CARG infused with Silver tech power that he named SAMMIDORAN, after his love. After a horrendous set of tribulations in the Temple of the Exploding Head, Kay recently married ‘Sam’ in a grand Vith ceremony. They are eager to bear children. Once Sam finishes her traditional Monama Jar, they will begin.

Snippets:
Snippet 1:  "I created you, and therefore I cannot stand you ..."   Queen Ghome to Lord Kabyl of Blanchefort.

Snippet 2:  Tellerran slapped her sides"Ya? Ya .... you looks like ah Monama to me, girly. Ya seem ta wants ta be a Vith, but you ain’t no Vith, is ya? Yer a Monama, jus’ like me, an’ this is wha’ Monamas do. Square up with it!"  --Lady Tellerran to Lady Sammidoran of Blancherfort.

Snippet 3: 
The mouth became quizzical and then gave a wry, wicked smile. "My help? I see ... And what can I do to help you?"
"I need a favor."
"A favor?" it cried with a sour note. "Not in four hundred years have I granted a favor to an Invernan, or anyone else for that matter. I do believe I admire your idiocy and raw nerve. Go on, ask your favor."

"I need Shadow tech."
"Shadow tech? Is that all?"   --Wilhella Cormand-Grande to Lord Kabyl of Blanchefort.


Snippet 4
Moments later the robot was there, gleaming, sliding on its rail, blades turning. Flying as fast as she could, Thomasina soared down the hallway with Phillip in her arms. The robot came after them and was quickly gaining. Panels opened, more arms came out and more deadly blades whirled.
Casually, Clara, forgotten and unnoticed by the robot, came striding out of the chamber moments later. She held the cage containing King over her head.
"Betrayed!" King said from his cage. "You have been betrayed!"
Clara was jubilant. "You’re all mine now, baby doll," she said to King. "Sorry, suckers! Looks like I’m not heading back to the crappy cell in your crappy village, am I, you bunch of Rumble-Pumps! Have fun with the Vith Stickin’ robot!" She turned and fled in the opposite direction.    --Clara Wunderluck to Phillip and Lady Thomasina of Blanchefort. 


Snippet 5 
"You are in the service of a tyrant and a thief and a liar, and you may count me as your mortal enemy. Let’s be clear on that point," Kay said with fury.
"Acknowledged, and that is a great shame as I am not a bad person, and I am certain you are not one either. Fate, it seems, has pitted us against each other."
"Fate had nothing to do with it, sir. When your master chose to come at my wife, assault her, steal her goods, discard her for dead and invade my home ... that is when we became enemies!"
Tal de Roga raised his hands and let them fall. "I understand how you feel, truly I do. What can I say? Guilty as charged."   Lord Kabyl of Blanchefort to Tal de Roga. 



To view our blog schedule and follow along with this tour visit our Official Event page 



No comments:

Post a Comment

AddToAny

View My Stats!

View My Stats

Pageviews past week

SNIPPET_HTML_V2.TXT
Tweet