Reviews!

To any authors/publishers/ tour companies that are looking for the reviews that I signed up for please know this is very hard to do. I will be stopping reviews temporarily. My husband passed away February 1st and my new normal is a bit scary right now and I am unable to concentrate on a book to do justice to the book and authors. I will still do spotlight posts if you wish it is just the reviews at this time. I apologize for this, but it isn't fair to you if I signed up to do a review and haven't been able to because I can't concentrate on any books. Thank you for your understanding during this difficult time. I appreciate all of you. Kathleen Kelly April 2nd 2024

29 September 2017

My Dad Got Hurt. What Can I Do? By Dr. Jerid Fisher with Brunella Costagliosa Book Tour!

My Dad Got Hurt. What Can I Do?
By Dr. Jerid Fisher with Brunella Costagliosa

ISBN-13: 9781483472577
Publisher: Nat’l Academy of Neuropsychology
Trade paper, $19.99
August 15, 2017
Genre: Children

Also available in ebook

Every day, many children watch as a parent goes off to a military assignment, often in dangerous situations. Most children will later welcome home their parents who served without incident. Others, however, will greet a parent who suffered a head injury, which changes all their lives.
While brain injury is a complex topic, it is an unfortunate fact that certain types of brain injuries, which are all too common in military personnel, affect a person’s behaviors such as mood and temper. A previously kind and loving parent may become irritable, short-fused and be intolerant of frustration after a brain injury. To a child, this change can be scary and overwhelming.

Children may not understand why Mom or Dad is so different and may blame themselves for their parent’s moodiness. With illustrations by Valerio Mazzoli, this book offers young readers practical coping tools to empower children to feel confident about themselves and become a more active participant in his or her injured parent’s life.

Jerid Fisher, PhD, ABN is a forensic neuropsychologist with over three decades of experience. Dr. Fisher's extensive professional career includes the founding of innovative businesses, collaborative works, articles, publications, consultation and speaking engagements at the leading edge of neuropsychology
Dr. Fisher is also a leader in support of many community-based projects, charities and the National Academy of Neuropsychology Foundation.
For every $15 donation NAN will gift a book to a warrior family.
Dr. Fisher has donated copies to Blue Star Families to assist with the distribution of the book to children of parents who have suffered a brain injury.


Brunella Costagliola

Brunella Costagliola is a best-selling editor and writer. Throughout her career, she has had the pleasure of working with best-selling authors, Award-winning authors, and everyday heroes. Her articles have been published by a wide variety of newspapers, magazines, websites, and college books. She is also a proud Air Force wife and mother of two precious children. 


Facebook: @bestsellingeditorandwriter 


Buy links for My Dad Got Hurt, What Can I Do?




No comments:

Post a Comment

AddToAny

View My Stats!

View My Stats

Pageviews past week

SNIPPET_HTML_V2.TXT
Tweet