07 November 2017

I Stole His Car Love At First Crime #1 by Jessica Frances


I Stole His Car
Love At First Crime #1
by Jessica Frances
Genre: Adult Romantic Suspense

She stole his car, so he stole her heart…



I saw something I never should have seen.
I took something they wanted back.
I was desperate. 
Alone. 
Hunted.
So, I did something I never would have normally done.
I stole a car.
Not just any car.
His car. 
Now I have no choice but to trust him.
Only he can help me get out of this mess.
Then, when we both become hunted,
And when feelings begin to complicate things,
Can I still count on his protection? 
Can I trust what is happening between us to be real?
Because, as some people say: there is nothing quite like love at first … crime.




I Stole His Car Excerpts:
#1
Then Zander’s gaze turns back to me, and I don’t feel so warm and fuzzy toward him anymore. Instead, I feel as though I’m facing a judge and ready to hear the verdict on just how many years I’m about to be thrown in jail.
“You stole my car,” he growls.
“Yes.” No point denying it.
“You kidnapped my twelve-year-old brother.”
“Technically, yes. However, I wasn’t aware he was in the car at the time,” I pathetically try to defend my actions.
“You came back, though, even after I told you I was calling the police.” His stance is stern, but I see the same expression of curiosity that I saw earlier in Van.
“Yes.” I glance around again, waiting to see the flashing lights of a police car approaching in the distance. Instead, I see a lone officer in uniform approaching us.
I don’t recognize him as one of Brian’s friends, but that doesn’t mean he won’t hand me over to him.
I barely even got to enjoy my freedom away from Brian. Well, it technically wasn’t freedom since I was chased the entire time.
Why can’t I just catch a break?
I can’t stop myself from stepping away from the young officer, my body back to being tense and shaky. I hate that this feels normal to me now. It never used to be. Now it feels strange to feel relaxed.
“What’s wrong?” Van asks me, his concern sweet.
“Excuse me, but did I just hear you accuse this woman of stealing your car?” the officer asks, swinging his hand to rest on his side arm in what looks like a reflex.
Silence falls over us. Van looks as panicked as I feel. I can’t read Zander’s face, but he hasn’t confirmed the man’s words. That gives me a small amount of hope. Maybe he is the most forgiving man in the world.

#2
I lift my hand to touch my bruised lips while unwittingly turning to stare at Zander, seeing he already has his eyes on me.
He’s not smiling. He’s not looking at me with kindness or sympathy. He looks intense, his eyes on my fingers as I brush them over my lips.
Before I can move them away, he rests his free hand on my thigh, his grip tight. He then brushes the inside of my thigh, his touch so close to my crotch that I hold my breath, waiting to see if he intends to do more.
He doesn’t. He leaves his weight there as though he is a brand that is claiming me. Like his touch is keeping me from floating away and ensuring my thoughts stay right here instead of drifting off somewhere more dangerous.
#3
“I promised to protect you,” he says, not moving his hand and pushing his hips harder against me so my back is flat against the door.
“And you did. You told me to get out. You kept me calm, and we got away.”
“But it could have so easily gone wrong. You should have been safe there.” He sounds self-reproaching.
“This will all be over soon.” I lift my hands to his face, careful of where he appears to be hurt. “You said that. We can make it just a little bit longer.”
“I don’t think I can go through that again …” He is whispering now, his husky voice full of emotion.
“You won’t. They might have known where we were before, but they don’t have a clue now. We’re safe, right?”
“We’re safe,” he affirms, finally moving his hand from my chest and up over my shoulder, over my neck, and then cupping my face. “I want you so badly.”
His words cause my breath to hitch and desire to pool low in my belly. I already guessed as much, but hearing his words, listening to them echo inside my head, sets off a chain reaction I can’t stop.
I have wanted him since the first time I laid eyes on him.


Jessica Frances is an Australian author who currently resides in South Australia. She is an avid reader and loves to write. She works full-time as a baker, so writing is her hobby done when she has the time. When she is not writing, you can find her reading, napping or watching excessive amounts of TV.




Follow the tour HERE for exclusive excerpts and a giveaway!




2 comments:

  1. Thank you for signing up for the book tour and for taking the time to post. I appreciate your support <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not a problem! Good luck with the book!

    ReplyDelete

AddToAny

View My Stats!

View My Stats

Pageviews past week

SNIPPET_HTML_V2.TXT
Tweet