Reviews!

To any authors/publishers/ tour companies that are looking for the reviews that I signed up for please know this is very hard to do. I will be stopping reviews temporarily. My husband passed away February 1st and my new normal is a bit scary right now and I am unable to concentrate on a book to do justice to the book and authors. I will still do spotlight posts if you wish it is just the reviews at this time. I apologize for this, but it isn't fair to you if I signed up to do a review and haven't been able to because I can't concentrate on any books. Thank you for your understanding during this difficult time. I appreciate all of you. Kathleen Kelly April 2nd 2024

14 February 2019

Karma Never Loses An Address by K.Jl.McGillick Blog Blitz! @KJMcGillickAuth @rararesources


Karma Never Loses An Address

 Betrayal on Every Level
     Marley Bennington had brutally murdered her older sister Samantha in a drug fueled rage. Only two people know that fact as true. One of those two people, was sitting in a state prison, serving a sentence for a crime he didn’t commit. Who was that unfortunate person? Alex Clarke, Samantha Bennington’s husband, the man so buried in circumstantial evidence that he confessed to a crime he didn’t commit, rather than face a trial. He was now trapped with no way out.
     It all began as sibling rivalry and jealousy, as so many tales of treachery do. Now, that intense jealousy had ended in her sister’s murder. Once Alex was tucked safely away in prison, Marley was set to inherit millions of dollars tainted with her sister’s blood. But suddenly, two obstacles stood in her way preventing her from quickly obtaining the reward for her well executed plan. One obstacle was her brother, and the other a nosy little old lady. But for Marley, this wasn’t a problem. She had killed twice already and cheated the justice system. What were a few more bodies? 
    Justice delayed is justice denied. Can Marley be trapped by the very people she tried to deceive? Will karma finally visit her door? Another gripping, tangled tale from the author of Facing A Twisted Judgment.

Purchase Links
Read an Excerpt
Then, it happened. My head was back in the game. Mary looked at me and wouldn’t let go of my stare. I could tell she didn’t trust me not to overreact and give something away. But she subtly looked down at her bag and up again. Mary slowly positioned the bag on her lap, the very bag where she kept her myriad of weapons, and moved it closer to her. She carefully parted the flaps so as not to garner attention. Mary slid her right hand inside the bag and left it there, motionless. Then, I saw it. The gun. God, I hope she didn’t plan on pulling that massive weapon out. Mary carried a gun called The Judge, and just looking at it made my stomach clench. This ominous weapon gained its nickname, The Judge, because of the number of judges who carried it into the courtroom for their protection. It offered a choice of shotshell and .45 Colt ammunition. A combo gun ideal for short or longer distances, the .45 Colt ammo was able to get the job done with one shot. What was she thinking? That gun was heavy, and she’d never get it out of her bag and lined up properly before he shot her and then me.
“Asshole, I can’t look you in the eye to talk to you. If you are going to threaten my life, will you at least sit up on the seat and lean back, so I can see you? Be a man, for God’s sake. If you’re planning on shooting two helpless women in their backs, at least do it sitting up and not squatting like some coward,” she asked of him.
Surprisingly, he untwisted, lifted himself from behind her, and settled in the back seat. I wasn’t sure if that really helped us. Now, he had a better shot. In fact, as I thought that very thing, he raised his gun and balanced it on his leg, straight at her back.
“So, you want to kill your wife, and what is your plan after that?” she asked.
“It will take the officer about two minutes to get off the chair and into the room. By then, I will have had a chance to get another round off, killing the bitch sitting next to you,” he said.
He looked awful. He hadn’t shaved in days. His hair was disheveled and greasy. But his dead eyes were what distilled the most fear in me. They didn’t blink or move. He just stared ahead. They reflected the eyes of a man already dead. His voice no longer had any inflection to it. He had a plan and a mission, and he was invested in it.
“And me?” she asked.
His laugh could only be described as evil and sardonic. “You? You’ll be long dead before we arrive at the hospital. As soon as we get on the highway, you’re a goner, old lady.”
“I understand. A well-thought-out plan. And you can’t be talked out of it?” she asked.
“Nope,” he replied.
“You are invested in killing me, Lulu, and Margaret?” she asked.
“I’m living for nothing else,” he said.
The man had tipped over the edge. There was no reasoning with him.
“Now, drive, or she’s dead in three minutes,” he yelled.
“Yes, Lulu, go ahead and turn the engine on and put the car in reverse. I’ll give a quick glance behind to make sure no one is behind you, dear. We can do this together,” she assured me.
She twisted to her left, and suddenly, it happened. Without warning, I heard a deafening BANG from my right. As if in slow motion, I saw a blood-splattered body jump in the back as his head flew back against the headrest. Was it him who’d screamed or me? Did I scream in my head or from my mouth? No, it was for real. I bellowed a heart-wrenching scream. As I twisted to my right, I could only imagine the hole blown through the seat Mary sat in. Blood flowed from the massive hole in his chest, and there was no doubt he was dead.
“Mary? Oh my God, Mary,” I screamed as hysteria set in.
“Lulu, it was him or us. That man had a plan, made a threat, and I took care of it. He had the safety off his gun. Look at it. He was serious and determined to execute us. That man meant business. It wasn’t my day to die. Now, don’t move. I’m calling 911, and I want to preserve the crime scene,” she said.
I just hoped to God I hadn’t peed my pants
Author Bio –
K. J. McGillick was born in New York and once she started to walk she never stopped running. But that's what New Yorker's do. Right? A Registered Nurse, a lawyer now author.

As she evolved so did her career choices. After completing her graduate degree in nursing, she spent many years in the university setting sharing the dreams of the enthusiastic nursing students she taught. After twenty rewarding years in the medical field she attended law school and has spent the last twenty-four years as an attorney helping people navigate the turbulent waters of the legal system. Not an easy feat. And now? Now she is sharing the characters she loves with readers hoping they are intrigued by her twisting and turning plots and entertained by her writing
Social Media Links –


No comments:

Post a Comment

AddToAny

View My Stats!

View My Stats

Pageviews past week

SNIPPET_HTML_V2.TXT
Tweet