Reviews!

To any authors/publishers/ tour companies that are looking for the reviews that I signed up for please know this is very hard to do. I will be stopping reviews temporarily. My husband passed away February 1st and my new normal is a bit scary right now and I am unable to concentrate on a book to do justice to the book and authors. I will still do spotlight posts if you wish it is just the reviews at this time. I apologize for this, but it isn't fair to you if I signed up to do a review and haven't been able to because I can't concentrate on any books. Thank you for your understanding during this difficult time. I appreciate all of you. Kathleen Kelly April 2nd 2024

10 May 2019

The Modern Cast Iron Cookbook by Tiffany La Forge Review!



This is another wonderful cookbook that I have the pleasure of reviewing. If you haven't cooked with cast iron, you really should. It takes some getting used to on how you are supposed to clean and season the cast iron frying pan. 

I like using my pan for a variety of cooking. I have cooked chicken and fish in my pan. This cookbook has a section at the beginning giving the reader a response to cast iron myths such as never use soap in your pan. You actually can and it will remove a bit of the seasoning but not too bad as the seasoning is bonded into the pan. The reader also learns about what brands to buy, how to season, what techniques you can use when cooking. The book details what utensils you can use and how to clean the pan.

As far as recipes, there are seven sections that include; breakfast and lunch, biscuits & bread, vegetables and sides, vegetarian and vegan mains, fish and poultry, beef, pork and lamb, and finally desserts and sweet treats, yes desserts. The recipe in the bread section that I want to make is Skillet Sour Crean Coffee Cake with Walnut Streusel, sound good? I thought so too.

Now I am not a vegetarian or vegan but I do like to eat meatless meals. Lasagna is always a recipe that I like without meat or with meat. Skillet Lasagna with Zucchini., Pesto and Goat Cheese. Now that sounds good. I also like soup and there are a few good recipes for soups with chicken or whatever other meat you would like. 

What did I like about the cookbook? I like cooking with other appliances but there are times that I just don't want to use them and cooking on the stove top and using my cast iron pan is the perfect way to go for me. I like the section in the front of the book with all of the tips on how to take care of the cast iron pans. I love the simplicity of the recipes, they are easy to understand. The only thing I missed was pictures, there aren't nearly enough of them. That said I think that I will be getting a lot of use out of this cookbook. I highly recommend it! 

Thanks to the publisher for my copy of the cookbook for review!

No comments:

Post a Comment

AddToAny

View My Stats!

View My Stats

Pageviews past week

SNIPPET_HTML_V2.TXT
Tweet