Reviews!

To any authors/publishers/ tour companies that are looking for the reviews that I signed up for please know this is very hard to do. I will be stopping reviews temporarily. My husband passed away February 1st and my new normal is a bit scary right now and I am unable to concentrate on a book to do justice to the book and authors. I will still do spotlight posts if you wish it is just the reviews at this time. I apologize for this, but it isn't fair to you if I signed up to do a review and haven't been able to because I can't concentrate on any books. Thank you for your understanding during this difficult time. I appreciate all of you. Kathleen Kelly April 2nd 2024

03 February 2020

Sunday Supper Soup!


About 30 years ago, I had a good friend whom I worked with. We used to exchange a lot of gossip, talked about the kids, etc!. We used to exchange a lot of recipes. The one below is one that I made and it was awesome. Unfortunately, I lost my copy and my friend has since passed. Fortunately for me, my friend's granddaughter is friends with my youngest daughter. The granddaughter has since moved back to our state, and my daughter was able to meet up with her. So this recipe became the topic and I asked if the granddaughter to send me the recipe and she did. You are more than welcome to take this recipe and enjoy!! Thanks, Rachel and I still miss you, Dorothy!

Sunday Supper Soup
Meatballs
1 1/2 lb. ground beef chuck
1 egg, slightly beaten
1/2 cup soft bread crumbs
1/4 tsp salt
1 Tbs chopped parsley
2 Tbs butter or margarine
1 can (10.5 oz) condensed beef broth (undiluted)
1 can (1lb, 12oz) tomatoes (undrained)
1 envelope (1 3/8 oz) dry onion soup mix
2 C (4-5) sliced pared carrots
1/4 C chopped celery tops
1/4 C chopped parsley
1/4 tsp pepper
1/4 tsp dried oregano leaves
1/4 tsp dried basil leaves
1 bay leaf

1. Make meatballs: in medium bowl combine beef, egg, 3 Tbs water, bread crumbs, salt and parsley, mix lightly shape into 24 balls

2. In hot butter in 5qt dutch oven saute meatballs a single layer at a time until browned on all sides. Drain off fat & set meatballs aside.

3. In same dutch oven combine 2 C water, beef broth, tomatoes, onion soup mix, carrots, celery tops, parsley, pepper, oregano, basil and bay leaf. Bring to boiling then reduce heat and simmer covered, but stirring occasionally to break up tomatoes. Add meatballs and simmer 20 minutes longer.

6 servings (2 qts)

1 comment:

  1. If my memory serves me right, it was a long tome ago, it is delicious. I am so glad to have the recipe again. I bet if someone wanted to they could adapt this recipe for the slow cooker or instant pot! Thanks for spotting by!

    ReplyDelete

AddToAny

View My Stats!

View My Stats

Pageviews past week

SNIPPET_HTML_V2.TXT
Tweet