Reviews!

To any authors/publishers/ tour companies that are looking for the reviews that I signed up for please know this is very hard to do. I will be stopping reviews temporarily. My husband passed away February 1st and my new normal is a bit scary right now and I am unable to concentrate on a book to do justice to the book and authors. I will still do spotlight posts if you wish it is just the reviews at this time. I apologize for this, but it isn't fair to you if I signed up to do a review and haven't been able to because I can't concentrate on any books. Thank you for your understanding during this difficult time. I appreciate all of you. Kathleen Kelly April 2nd 2024

02 November 2021

Takedown by Evelyn Sola Release Tour! @evelynsolaauthor @IndiePenPR


Mellie lives her life risk-free and would do anything to keep her heart safe. But when Adam shows up in Vegas, all her careful plans go right out the window. Mellie and Adam quickly discover that what happens in Vegas, doesn’t always stay in Vegas. Readers who enjoy diverse contemporary romances will devour Takeover by Evelyn Sola, a diverse accidental marriage romance.

FREE on Amazon with KU → https://amzn.to/3zCbkrU 

Read Now!

 

  Mellie I was not a gambler. No way. I’ve built an existence free of risk and adventure. From my career to a small life with my closest family. I was not going to do anything to jeopardize my heart. But when my neighbor and number one menace to my safe plans showed up in Vegas, I did what every adventurous (not!) woman would do. I got drunk and married the man. Adam What happens in Vegas is supposed to stay in Vegas. Then, I went and married Mellie Dupree. That woman I’ve been chasing for two years is now my wife. She claims she doesn’t remember our wedding, but I was there, and I know she’s not telling the truth. Then again, neither am I.

Add to Goodreads!

Excerpt

Copyright 2021 Evelyn Sola

“Okay.” She takes several deep breaths before coming to stand in front of me. “I’m going to need a little time to find my own place, but in the meantime, I need a small favor from you.” 

I arch my eyebrows at her declaration. “I need you to let me stay here. At least until Alex has that baby.” I sit on the couch and put my hands behind my head. I school my features so she won’t see how happy I am by her announcement. 

  “Is that right?” I ask. “Yes. Do you know why, Adam? Because it’s the least you can do after what you did to me in Vegas. Besides, Jason always folds where our mother is concerned. She drops this bombshell, and he’s too much of a nice guy to tell her to GTFO. 

So”, she says, sighing deeply, “I guess I can sleep on the couch, but it would be nice if you would let me have the bed.” 

  “The bed is yours.” I quickly agree to her demand. She stops her pacing, turns to me and narrows her eyes. “But let’s get one thing straight. I didn’t do anything to you in Vegas, so you can stop that lie right the hell now.” 

  “I’ll pay rent of course,” she says, ignoring my last comment. “Name your price.” I stand up and go stand directly in front of her. She backs away and ends up stuck between my body and the wall. 

“I’d go stay with Ananda, but she just got married and I don’t want to be a nuisance to her right now, and a hotel would cost too much money and would set me back. Dammit.” 

  “And you hate being alone, so I’m your next best choice.”

“How do you know I hate being alone?” She crosses her arms and stares. “You live with your brother and his family. You hardly ever go anywhere by yourself. I bet you never had any intentions of moving out. You only offered to move out knowing they would ask you to stay.” 

She scoffs and moves away from me. I watch her tight ass pace across my living room, and I will my body not to have its natural reaction. I reach out, touch her arm, and she stops walking away. When she looks at me again, I see the uncertainty in her eyes. 

The fire from minutes ago is gone, and the only things left are the vulnerability and unease oozing out of her. It’s the same look she had on New Year’s Eve. I’ve noticed it before, and I’ve always wondered why. Why someone so beautiful, smart and loved by so many people would always have this air of loneliness, but I think I finally got my answer tonight.

About Evelyn Sola

A Boston native, wife, mother, and wine enthusiast. If she’s not writing, thinking about writing, you will find Evelyn with a book in her hands. While a new publisher, she’s been writing for years, and she will continue to write for many years to come. Evelyn is obsessed with assertive and confident men who will stop at nothing to get their woman. Her stories are filled with love, passion and humor. She currently lives in Chicago, IL with her husband and two daughters.

Follow: Facebook | Twitter | Instagram | Reader Group | Goodreads | BookBub | Newsletter | Amazon

This promotional event is brought to you by Indie Pen PR

No comments:

Post a Comment

AddToAny

View My Stats!

View My Stats

Pageviews past week

SNIPPET_HTML_V2.TXT
Tweet