14 September 2022

Downfall by @evelynsolaauthor Book Release! #NowLive #EvelynSola @IndiePenPR @indie_pen_pr

Maxwell’s new personal assistant, Summer, is the opposite of what he finds attractive, yet she consumes his thoughts. Will a business trip alone together be their downfall, or will they finally realize that their happily ever after is closer than they think? Readers who enjoy spicy romances will devour Downfall by Evelyn Sola, a steamy, age-gap, office romance.

Read Now!

Summer Madison is the opposite of everything Maxwell Sutton finds attractive in a woman. And yet, here he is, fighting powerful feelings for the new personal assistant his brother hired while he was out of town. 

Everything about her is wrong, yet his thoughts are consumed with nothing but her. Determined to do anything he can to stay away from her, Maxwell develops a no fraternization clause to the company policy. 

But rules and logic only last for so long. 

When the attraction between the two of them becomes too much to contain, Maxwell finds himself violating the very policy that he put into effect. Now that he's had a taste, he knows he can never say no to her again. 

Will a business trip alone together be their downfall, or will they finally realize that their happily ever after is closer than they think?

Add to Goodreads!

Excerpt 

Copyright 2022 Evelyn Sola

His brown eyes are like storm clouds when they collide with mine. If I could, I’d take a step back. But I can’t. I stand there in the back of the room like a lonely gazelle in a room of lions, unable to find her footing to run. David waves over to me and gestures at a chair, only the chair is too close to the other Mr. Sutton. 

I swallow nervously and want to look away from him but can’t seem to make a move until I’m forced to. I turn my head and look towards the door, ready to make a quick exit, but my hand goes limp, and the legal pad slips from between my fingers. I want nothing more than for the floor to swallow me up when I bend down to pick it up. I just know someone is looking at my butt. When I stand, I run a hand over my ass as if that would somehow make it less conspicuous. I feel everyone’s eyes on me as I walk to the front of the room, almost as if I’m walking the plank, not walking to the chair that my boss is generously offering me.

The other Mr. Sutton’s eyes follow me the entire time, but I’m proud of myself for avoiding his gaze. And for not falling flat on my face. I want to cover my body with my hands. If I thought David Sutton was handsome, he is nothing compared to his brother. Dark eyes, short, perfectly trimmed beard, dark hair without a trace of gray. If he was my type, he would be a wet dream. It’s almost as if I can feel his thoughts just from his eyes. He’s fighting for calm right now. He needs order and structure and thinks he can find it here in the office. I don’t know how I know that about him, but I do. It’s like an electrical current is between us by the time I take my seat. It’s as if I’m on display, and I can feel his eyes looking down at me. I make the big mistake of looking up, and our eyes clash. His nostrils flare, and he opens his mouth to say something, only to close it again. 

I quickly turn my head and start writing on my legal pad, but my heart is beating so fast I know everyone else can hear it.

About Evelyn Sola

A Boston native, wife, mother, and wine enthusiast. If she’s not writing, thinking about writing, you will find Evelyn with a book in her hands. While a new publisher, she’s been writing for years, and she will continue to write for many years to come. 
Evelyn is obsessed with assertive and confident men who will stop at nothing to get their woman. Her stories are filled with love, passion and humor.
She currently lives in Chicago, IL with her husband and two daughters.

Follow: Facebook | Twitter | Instagram | TikTok | Reader Group | Goodreads | BookBub | Newsletter | Amazon 

This promotional event is brought to you by Indie Pen PR

No comments:

Post a Comment

AddToAny

View My Stats!

View My Stats

Pageviews past week

SNIPPET_HTML_V2.TXT
Tweet