Reviews!

To any authors/publishers/ tour companies that are looking for the reviews that I signed up for please know this is very hard to do. I will be stopping reviews temporarily. My husband passed away February 1st and my new normal is a bit scary right now and I am unable to concentrate on a book to do justice to the book and authors. I will still do spotlight posts if you wish it is just the reviews at this time. I apologize for this, but it isn't fair to you if I signed up to do a review and haven't been able to because I can't concentrate on any books. Thank you for your understanding during this difficult time. I appreciate all of you. Kathleen Kelly April 2nd 2024

11 November 2022

Three Pint Problems by Melvyn Small Spotlight!

 


The Darlington Substitution along with two new stories; Murder On The Teesside Princess (where my version of Sherlock Holmes is involved an an Agatha Christie type mystery) and The Devil's Advocate (a jury room drama).  In addition to this The Riverside Thriller, which has been published previously, is included as a bonus short story.



Born in Stockton-on-Tees in the North East of England and raised in nearby Billingham, Mel left school at 16 to train as a civil engineering technician within the engineering department of the local authority, Cleveland County Council. Continuing his education he gained certificates in a number of civil engineering qualifications including a Bachelor of Engineering in Civil and Structural Engineering. After 14 years Mel drew a finally draughted line under the world of hydraulic modelling and roundabout design and undertook a Master of Science degree in information processing, before commencing a career in information technology.

It is perhaps Mel’s technical upbringing and his drafting of countless technical reports and specifications that give him a succinct and efficient writing style that lends itself to the fast-paced short stories he has had published to date. This layered with the gin-dry humour, garnered from a Teesside upbringing, provides a thoroughly entertaining read.

His latest book Holmes Volume 1 provides a twist on eponymous Sherlock Holmes in a series of short stories that place the famous character in modern-day Middlesbrough. In these comical escapades Sherlock Holmes is a working class Teessider who swears, drinks beer and solves the most puzzling of mysteries as he and Doctor Watson wend their way around the North East of England.

Goodreads

No comments:

Post a Comment

AddToAny

View My Stats!

View My Stats

Pageviews past week

SNIPPET_HTML_V2.TXT
Tweet