Reviews!

I am still having a difficult time concentrating on reading a book, I hope to get back into it at some point. Still doing book promotions just not reviews Thank you for your understanding during this difficult time. I appreciate all of you. Kathleen Kelly July 2024

16 September 2023

Ebony the Cat by Francews Ive BlogTour!

 



Ebony the Cat – A quest for survival

Enigmatic, quirky, moody, demanding, loving, amusing, domineering, and determined all apply to Ebony. Follow her life story from a stray kitten to a mature feline, in her own words.

Ebony was just eight months old when she was left to fend for herself on the streets, abandoned and alone. The black cat had to learn how to hunt, find shelter, procure food, and protect herself from predators. The experience shaped her personality forever. She became a wily, capable little cat before she was reported to a rescue charity and taken to live in a large wooden hut. She was safe and well-fed, but she longed for the freedom to be roaming around in nature, practicing the skills she had learned.

Would she find a home and owners who loved her, not abandon her once again? Could she settle down and be a good domestic cat? This was the quandary for the people who took her and within months she presented them with a bundle of surprises. A novella.


Purchase Links

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Ebony-Cat-survival-Frances-Ive-ebook/dp/B0C67F2HVW

https://www.amazon.com/Ebony-Cat-survival-Frances-Ive-ebook/dp/B0C67F2HVW


My new friend is big and gentle

Intro: The cat rescue charities are wary about placing cats with families where there are children or dogs. Some cats are too nervous to live with a dog, and others seem to not be phased by them. No-one knows if they were originally brought up with dogs because it’s often unclear what has happened to them before being rescued. Ebony is a fearsome cat who sees most other animals as a challenge. She has been known to hiss and spit at a fox, who speedily ran away.

Dogs don’t frighten me. I can scratch them and dart about quickly, jump on their backs, and stick my claws in. Dog sits by person and she holds it on a long thing. I can walk around the room, but he can’t.

Hiding under a chair I study him. He intrigues me – he cries, but he looks happy. I know he’s excited by me. They are really nice to him and I can see they love him. I move nearer, have a look, and run back. His tail keeps darting one way and another. But he’s not cross – he’s friendly.

Run up, run back, look at him, and hide again. He has these big brown eyes that are kind and I can trust, so I am curious. Go up and sniff. What a strong doggy smell, and now his tail is swinging backward and forwards all the time.

Human lets him free so he could run around, but doesn’t. Is he scared of me? How funny.

I can see he’s sleeping now in his big bed. I think he’s an old dog. I creep up towards him, sniff his ears, and his face and even climb into his bed. He has one eye open. Humans make loud noises and point at us. They seem really happy.

Benji is gentle but big. He licks me, like a fluffy mummy. I put my mouth to his and his tongue shoots out. His fur is like mine but not as soft. His nose is cold and wet, and his tail can’t stop moving, so I pounce on it with my paws, and then my claws. He squeaks and moves the tail away from me, but I jump after it, get it. This is great fun for me and he lets me. He is so gentle.


Frances Ive has been a writer throughout her life as a journalist, health writer, and author. Recent fiction includes Finding Jo, Brown Eyes, and now the novella, Ebony the Cat.

Twitter: https://twitter.com/healthysouluk

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/FindingJoFrancesIve

Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/fivewrite/

Website for books: www.fivewrite.co.uk 

 (Health website: www.healthysoul.co.uk)

No comments:

Post a Comment

AddToAny

View My Stats!

View My Stats

Pageviews past week

SNIPPET_HTML_V2.TXT
Tweet