Reviews!

To any authors/publishers/ tour companies that are looking for the reviews that I signed up for please know this is very hard to do. I will be stopping reviews temporarily. My husband passed away February 1st and my new normal is a bit scary right now and I am unable to concentrate on a book to do justice to the book and authors. I will still do spotlight posts if you wish it is just the reviews at this time. I apologize for this, but it isn't fair to you if I signed up to do a review and haven't been able to because I can't concentrate on any books. Thank you for your understanding during this difficult time. I appreciate all of you. Kathleen Kelly April 2nd 2024

19 June 2024

Easier Dead Than Drawn: A Paint by Murder Mystery by Bailee Abbott Book Tour!


A poster for a book

Description automatically generated

About Easier Dead Than Drawn


Easier Dead Than Drawn: A Paint by Murder Mystery


Cozy Mystery

3rd in Series (1st with this publisher)

Setting - New York

Publisher ‏ : ‎ Level Best Books (May 7, 2024)

Print length ‏ : ‎ 272 pages

ASIN ‏ : ‎ B0D15342M1

When the town council hires Chloe Abbington’s close friend, famous wall muralist Lana Easton, to paint a mural advertising the return of the floating amphitheater, not everyone in Whisper Cove is happy about the theater or Lana. Naysayers think the noise from concerts and visitors will disrupt their quiet community. It doesn’t help that a lot of money taken from the town’s budget is being used to pay the muralist for her services. The mood turns even more grim when Lana is found dead, and since Chloe was there alone to discover her body, that makes her the prime suspect.

Before Chloe finds herself painted into a corner as the killer, she and sister Izzie hurry to solve the case and find the real criminal. The suspect list grows to include Lana’s boyfriend and her intern, as well as a couple of local residents. The task is a tall order for the sisters, and it doesn’t help that the detective on the case is someone who doesn’t seem to care for Chloe or her interference. Clues about Lana’s past surface and point to more than one suspect. The challenge will be to decide which one is the real killer.

About Bailee Abbott 

A person smiling at the camera

Description automatically generated

Bailee Abbott is a native Ohioan who spends her days plotting murder and writing mysteries. She's a member of Sisters in Crime as well as of International Thriller Writers. Bailee lives with her husband and furry friend Max in the quiet suburbs of Green, Ohio.

Visits to Bemus Point, a town along the Chautauqua Lake in southwest New York inspired the setting for the PAINT BY MURDER mystery series. Bailee also writes the SIERRA PINES B&B MYSTERIES and the MACKENZIE BLUE MYSTERIES as Kathryn Long.

Author Links





Purchase Links - Amazon -

  EXCERPT:

I skirted around the hedge opening and to the left, where the wall structure

stood. My breath caught as I clutched my throat and dropped the shoe. My

heartbeat skipped but slowed in rhythm. I froze for what seemed like minutes

but was really only an instant. The pounding of footsteps drew my gaze

toward the lake. The dark silhouette of someone tall receded into the night

as it reached the far end of the park. I blinked then snapped my head back to

the ground in front of me.

Lana lay still in front of the mural, eyes closed, head bleeding, and her neck

bent unnaturally to one side. A painful cry choked my throat as I clutched my

chest. Each detail of her was intense, too vivid, too real. I twisted around and

bent at the waist. The queasiness unsettled and churned my insides. Within

seconds, I heaved the contents of my stomach. While struggling to get a

grip, I turned back and knelt next to her. I put my fingers to her neck but felt

nothing. I sat back on my rear and pulled out my phone, trembling as I tried

to punch numbers. My voice shook as I spoke into the phone. “Yes, I’ll stay

on the line.” I lowered my head to stare at Lana. As if the gesture was the only way left to help, I took her hand in mine, squeezed tightly, and wept.


TOUR PARTICIPANTS

June 17 – Books, Ramblings, and Tea - SPOTLIGHT

June 18 – Mystery, Thrillers, and Suspense – SPOTLIGHT

June 19 – Celticlady's Reviews – SPOTLIGHT WITH EXCERPT

June 20 – Hearts & Scribbles - SPOTLIGHT

June 20 – Escape With Dollycas Into A Good Book - REVIEW

June 21 – Read Your Writes Book Reviews – CHARACTER INTERVIEW

June 22 – Maureen's Musings – SPOTLIGHT

June 23 – FUONLYKNEW – SPOTLIGHT WITH EXCERPT

June 24 – Baroness Book Trove – SPOTLIGHT

June 25 – Sapphyria's Book Reviews – SPOTLIGHT

June 25 – Ruff Drafts – SPOTLIGHT

June 26 – Christy's Cozy Corners – AUTHOR INTERVIEW

June 27 – Literary Gold – SPOTLIGHT

June 28 – MJB Reviewer – SPOTLIGHT

June 29 – Reading Is My SuperPower – REVIEW

June 30 - Guatemala Paula Loves to Read – REVIEW


A book on a beach

Description automatically generated

Have you signed up to be a Tour Host?

Click Here to Find Details and Sign Up Today!

Want to Book a Tour?

Click Here


No comments:

Post a Comment

AddToAny

View My Stats!

View My Stats

Pageviews past week

SNIPPET_HTML_V2.TXT
Tweet