Reviews!

To any authors/publishers/ tour companies that are looking for the reviews that I signed up for please know this is very hard to do. I will be stopping reviews temporarily. My husband passed away February 1st and my new normal is a bit scary right now and I am unable to concentrate on a book to do justice to the book and authors. I will still do spotlight posts if you wish it is just the reviews at this time. I apologize for this, but it isn't fair to you if I signed up to do a review and haven't been able to because I can't concentrate on any books. Thank you for your understanding during this difficult time. I appreciate all of you. Kathleen Kelly April 2nd 2024

05 May 2013

Maverick Touch by Ashley Spotlight and Excerpt



Reporter Nadia Maverick takes an adventure through the underbelly of her town, where she discovers that even the criminal life she had been reporting on isn't quite like it seemed.
Things turn bad for Nadia when in the middle of an investigation, the tables are turned and she becomes the one under the watchful eye of Mr. A. Everyone becomes a suspect when Nadia turns up missing.
Who will be there to set her free?
Read and see.

Available in Print and E-book formats
ISBN-13: 978-0615785622
ISBN-10: 061578562X


Author Bio
Ashley is married and lives in Houston with her husband Tony. They have two dogs, Toto and Doogie. They have been together for over 8 and a 1/2 years and he brings her more joy than she could ever imagine as a child. She loves to read and has been hooked on the romance genre ever since her lifelong best friend Laura gave her "Ashes to Ashes' by Tami Hoag to read when they were younger.
Ashley finds her strength through her family, especially her parents. They always support her in life; they push her to strive for greatness. There once was a motto that Ashley heard in her youth through her Taekwondo life 'Reach for the Stars' and that is what Ashley has always done. It was through her upbringing that the values Ashley has and displays come from. With her parents always cheering her on in life she was able to grow up having faith in herself and her ability to conquer the world.
Author Information: Ashley Nemer Website Facebook Twitter


CHAPTER FIVE
She pushed open the door and the bell gave a chime. The man in the back of the restaurant came walking up to the front. He smiled at them. “Table for two?”
Nadia smiled back and patted Gabe’s arm. “We’re eating for three. Do you have anything to accommodate us?”
Gabe turned his head to her and gave a questioning stare. She shook her head and focused her attention back on the host.
“Why yes we do; I have the perfect position for you both.”
Gabe leaned over and whispered into her ear. “Position?”
“Shh, I’ll explain later. Just roll with it.”
They followed the host to a back table, and they took a seat on one side of the booth. Gabe slid in first and then Nadia joined him. She placed her hands on the table and motioned for him to do the same.
“He’ll be right with you,” the host said before he turned and walked away.
“He? Who is he, and what did you get me into?” Gabe knew that Nadia knew people, but he didn’t like the feeling he was getting from this situation.
“Don’t you wonder how I always get the heads up on the big crime stories? I have connections. This is one of them. So don’t embarrass me, okay?”
“Good God woman, I need to put in for hazard pay.”
“Shh, here he comes.” She sat up straight and smiled as Mr. Talbot sat in the booth across from her.
“Nadia, such a pleasure, it’s been too long, almost 6 months since we’ve seen each other. I thought that judge had scared you straight.”
“You know I was just lying low. I can never give up my meddling.”
“Who’s this you have with you? I don’t like new people, you know that.”
“This is my,” she paused for a moment not sure how to introduce him.
“I’m her lover. She’s kept me a secret for a while because she didn’t want me to be involved in her stuff,” Gabe interjected. He reached out his hand across the table for Mr. Talbot to shake.
The men did their manly stand off for a moment, then Mr. Talbot focused his attention back to Nadia. “What did you need my assistance with today, my dear?”
“Have you heard of the pet shop, Paws Pals?”
Mr. Talbot nodded and looked at her very carefully. “I have, they’re a pet store in town. What’s it to you, Ms. Maverick?”
“Well, I’ve been doing a little digging into them because something seemed off yesterday when I was there picking up my kitten. And, call it a gut feeling, but I think you know what’s going on there. I was hoping you could help point me in the right direction.”
“I’ve heard they have an ‘in’ with the locals. Are you sure you want to go down that path?”
Gabe spoke up. “She loves getting in trouble. I think she might be biting off a bit too much this time though.”
“Quiet Gabe. Keep talking, Mr. Talbot.” Nadia sat there with anticipation; she hung on his every word.
“Very well, rumor has it that the owner, Carlisle, is actually a paid hit man, and the pet shop is his front. So when I tell you to be careful, I mean it.”
“That would explain why Ramon had the crime scene photos, and why that other reporter wound up dead after her news story.” Nadia scanned the room. She felt her heart picking up speed, beginning to race.
“Nadia, stay away from this. Leave Carlisle and his people alone. I won’t be able to assist you like I normally can, not with someone who’s in so deep with the locals. If you have already started inquires, they probably know about it already. This man leaves his signature on each of his kill, a chalk mark in the shape of a snake. When I say he means business Nadia, that’s what I mean.”
“Nadia, listen to him. Maybe we should reconsider.” Gabe started to plead with her when she cut him off and stood up.
“Thank you, Mr. Talbot. As always, I appreciate your time, and I promise I’ll be careful. Come on, Gabe, we need to get going, stuff to plan.”
Mr. Talbot nodded his head at her and turned to look at Gabe who was still sitting in the booth. “Good luck with her.”
“Thanks, I’ll need it.” Gabe left the booth and followed Nadia out of the restaurant and back to her car.



No comments:

Post a Comment

AddToAny

View My Stats!

View My Stats

Pageviews past week

SNIPPET_HTML_V2.TXT
Tweet