Reviews!

To any authors/publishers/ tour companies that are looking for the reviews that I signed up for please know this is very hard to do. I will be stopping reviews temporarily. My husband passed away February 1st and my new normal is a bit scary right now and I am unable to concentrate on a book to do justice to the book and authors. I will still do spotlight posts if you wish it is just the reviews at this time. I apologize for this, but it isn't fair to you if I signed up to do a review and haven't been able to because I can't concentrate on any books. Thank you for your understanding during this difficult time. I appreciate all of you. Kathleen Kelly April 2nd 2024

28 November 2018

The Secluded Village Murders by Shelly Frome Book Tour Guest Review!

Genre: Cozy Mystery
Published by: BQB Publishing
Publication Date: September 1st 2018
Number of Pages: 339
ISBN: 1945448202 (ISBN13: 9781945448201)
Purchase Links: Amazon  | Barnes & Noble Goodreads 

For tour guide Emily Ryder, the turning point came on that fatal early morning when her beloved mentor met an untimely death. It's labeled as an accident and Trooper Dave Roberts is more interested in Emily than in any suspicions over Chris Cooper's death. For Emily, if Chris hadn't been the Village Planner and the only man standing in the way of the development of an apartment and entertainment complex in their quaint village of Lydfield, Connecticut, she might have believed it was an accident, but too many pieces didn't fit.
As Emily heads across the pond for a prescheduled tour of Lydfield's sister village, Lydfield-in-the-Moor, she discovers that the murderer may be closer than she thought.


Guest Review

Secluded Village Murders by Shelly Frome
Guest Review by Sally W.
Great book! I got so into reading it that I spent an entire day doing nothing else. The beautiful cover for this book pulled me in when I saw it and I decided to give it a try. I'm so glad I did because I loved it! What a world that Shelly Frome has created here and what an interesting and compelling cast of characters.
Emily Ryder is a great heroine. She was so direct and so complicated. I couldn't help but root for her as she tried to find out who killed her friend and solve the mystery behind his so-called “accident.” I really enjoyed Chris as a character and wanted to keep learning more about him. I'm sad that we only got to know about him after his death. Babs ended up being one of my favorite characters in the story by far. She was hilarious and I loved her energy and determination. I would love to be friends with her in real life.

This story was so refreshing as a mystery. I feel like the mystery genre as a whole has stagnated a lot lately but this book put all those others to shame. This story is fast-paced, intriguing and absorbing. I'd recommend this to anyone who enjoys a good mystery story or just likes a great rainy-day read that makes you feel like you're using your brain. I really did not see the ending coming and was shocked that everything played out the way it did. I honestly hope that there is a sequel in the works just so I can get more of these characters. I loved this book! I'm really interested in reading any more books that Shelly Frome plans to put out. I hope there are more coming from him in this genre.  I give it 5 stars.
 Author Bio:
Shelly Frome
Shelly Frome is a member of Mystery Writers of America, a professor of dramatic arts emeritus at the University of Connecticut, a former professional actor, a writer of crime novels and books on theater and film. He is also a features writer for Gannett Media. His fiction includes Sun Dance for Andy Horn, Lilac Moon, Twilight of the Drifter, Tinseltown Riff, and Murder Run. Among his works of non-fiction are The Actors Studio and texts on the art and craft of screenwriting and writing for the stage. Moon Games is his latest foray into the world of crime and the amateur sleuth. He lives in Black Mountain, North Carolina.

Catch Up With Our Author On: WebsiteGoodreads, & Twitter!

2 comments:

AddToAny

View My Stats!

View My Stats

Pageviews past week

SNIPPET_HTML_V2.TXT
Tweet